Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST CAN-AM SPYDER OWNERS GATHERING ON THE EAST COAST
Congratulations on becoming one of the first Spyder owners! You're among friends, twenty-five hundred of them to be exact. Spyder riders are united by a common experience - the thrill of hitting the open road astride a Can-Am Spyder Roadster.

As if riding isn't enough, we have one more thing to add to the mix. A Spyder community that will take your Spyder experience to the next level.

To kickoff this next level, The Spyder Ryder community would like to invite you to participate in an owner appreciation event to be held on October 19th at 6:30pm at Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, FL.

Click here for full story...

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Congratulations on becoming one of the first Spyder owners! You're among friends, twenty-five hundred of them to be exact. Spyder riders are united by a common experience - the thrill of hitting the open road astride a Can-Am Spyder Roadster.

As if riding isn't enough, we have one more thing to add to the mix. A Spyder community that will take your Spyder experience to the next level.

To kickoff this next level, The Spyder Ryder community would like to invite you to participate in an owner appreciation event to be held on October 19th at 6:30pm at Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach, FL.
Well doesn't that just beat all? I have to work the weekend prior to going to Orlando on the 22nd, to late to switch with someone or I could have gone early and gone to the East Coast event. I won't be back in time to make the West Coast one. HOPEFULLY, I will be riding next week.

They must have sold at least 2500 units already. "You're among friends, twenty-five hundred of them to be exact." To quote them

·
Registered
30 Posts
This seems to be an awful nice offer (supply a Spyder to do laps on the Daytona Track?) I live pretty close to Datona so I figured I would take them up on this and so the following is what my dealer salesman answered me about this on an email dated 10/13/07 at 5:24PM. Is Can-Am the worst or is it my dealer?

"My GM called our rep and he actually returned our call today. He told us that the event was for the Daytona area dealers and they didn't promote it anywhere else. He said they were probably going to cancel the track ride, but he didn't say why. They are going to have a display at the track. I won't be up there but I'm sure you could get a look at the Spyders if you went up. Bring your Receipt to prove you are a future owner."

This was all he wrote. It sure doesn't jibe with the announcement on the Can-Am web site dated Oct. 12th. Does anybody have an email address or a phone number at Can-Am to check this out?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had contacted my Central Florida dealer about the Daytona event. He didn't know anything about it and it took him several phone calls to find anyone at BRP who did ! Finally he got some info and talked with a lady who is running the marketing campaign. The dealer pre registered me for the event. I called the marketing lady to get more info on the event. There will be a total of 15 Spyders available (for those who had ordered their Spyder but have not received it yet) to ride around the Daytona Speedway track. I was number 14 on the list so I just made it. As of today there was one slot still open, so anyone wanting to attend should contact their dealer ASAP. After the track ride their will be a party of sorts. Friday evening should be interesting and I'm looking forward to it. I doubt if there will be any owners who will have received their Spyders attending, so it looks like 15 will be the total number to do the event.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just hung up with Can-Am - trying to follow up with this event and was told that it is sponsored by the local Can-Am dealers and Can-Am does not know a lot about it other than they are going to supply some Spyders to use at the event. To participate (according to Can-Am) you have to arrange it through your dealer. In my case the dealer was too lazy to do this and just said it was probably going to be cancelled (which it is NOT). I am going to drive over there anyway just to see a Spyder in person since I ordered one. You can sign up for a demo at Daytona on the Can-Am website. Bottom line is that your purchasing experience is based on the dealer that you choose to buy from - so try to choose a good one if you can.

·
Registered
188 Posts
...Bottom line is that your purchasing experience is based on the dealer that you choose to buy from - so try to choose a good one if you can.
Amen to that! I have two dealers in my area that are going to sell the Spyder. One acts as if it is a waste of their time to learn anything about it or give you a decent test ride. The other has at least one sales guy and one service guy really pumped up about the Spyder and they have been great to deal with. If I would have went there and talked with them before I went to the other place, I probably would have been eagerly awaiting my Spyder right now instead of having to wait until the spring.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts

EAST COAST EVENT is no longer on tryspyder.com

·
Registered
352 Posts
EAST COAST EVENT is no longer on tryspyder.com
That's because it is probably sold out. 15 Spyders don't go far when so many want to participate. I don't know how some dealers are saying that BRP has nothing to do with this event. It appears that they had hired a marketing group (Action Marketing Group, Boulder, CO) to hold the events, one on each coast. It is a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing !!

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts

So tomorrow is the East coast event. And to quote BRP
"Spyder riders are united by a common experience - the thrill of hitting the open road astride a Can-Am Spyder Roadster."

"As if riding isn't enough, we have one more thing to add to the mix. A Spyder community that will take your Spyder experience to the next level."

Who are they referring to? Surely is not anyone I know or even heard of…We can not call our selves rider, but are having a common experience.

:mellow:

·
Registered
324 Posts
"Spyder riders are united by a common experience - the thrill of hitting the open road astride a Can-Am Spyder Roadster."

"As if riding isn't enough, we have one more thing to add to the mix. A Spyder community that will take your Spyder experience to the next level."

Who are they referring to? Surely is not anyone I know or even heard of…We can not call our selves rider, but are having a common experience.

Dunno who they are referring to. Sure in the hell aint me

·
Registered
307 Posts

VAPORWARE!!!!!! oh and the lack of money in our pockets and one more thing,, the money we were REQUIRED to give BRP in exchange for nothing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts