Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you still have purchased?
Would you have purchased or waited til Spring?
I would still have put my $ down for a Premier Spyder4076.92%
I probably would have waited until 20081019.23%
I would have purchased something else23.85%

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there is frustration over delivery delays. I am curious if you knew that delivery would be delayed if you would have still put your down payment on the Spyder when you did?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Even though it appears that my delay is only from March to May, I still would buy this machine. I loved it while riding it. It is something my husband and I can tour on together and have fun. Yes it would be very frustrating to be one of the first ones that is supposed to be getting a Spyder and then going through all this poor communication. But I have to look at why I am buying the Spyder and do those reasons still exist. I want it! That is the biggest reason I a buying one. Plain and simple. For the price, there is nothing else out there quite like it. Yes we will be seeing other reverse three wheelers I am sure, but at what price. And even with late delivery, these are the first of their kind. Just my humble opinion and my .02 worth.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though it appears that my delay is only from March to May, I still would buy this machine. I loved it while riding it. It is something my husband and I can tour on together and have fun. Yes it would be very frustrating to be one of the first ones that is supposed to be getting a Spyder and then going through all this poor communication. But I have to look at why I am buying the Spyder and do those reasons still exist. I want it! That is the biggest reason I a buying one. Plain and simple. For the price, there is nothing else out there quite like it. Yes we will be seeing other reverse three wheelers I am sure, but at what price. And even with late delivery, these are the first of their kind. Just my humble opinion and my .02 worth.
I share your thoughts.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
I know there is frustration over delivery delays. I am curious if you knew that delivery would be delayed if you would have still put your down payment on the Spyder when you did?
At the time of making the deposit in March, I was not counting on the Spyder to arrive till 03/31/08, so it actually arrived several months early.

Now I'm busy finishing up the last details on the garage for it....... should have finished it sooner. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes I would have put my deposit down anyway, I like the machine and I want one. Do I wish I'd have been kept better informed? Yes. Does it really matter? No. When all is said and done I will be riding the neatest thing on the road and my neighbor won't be able to get one for a long time, even if he wanted to.

·
Registered
911 Posts
... and my neighbor won't be able to get one for a long time, even if he wanted to.
unless he goes on ebay, then you can watch him ride down the street while you wait for yours

(just trying to keep the humor up).

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ha, Ha, ha, ha, ha, ....... Good post, Marc. You aren't going to get me to answer that questions because if I fuss about the delay anymore, you'll just throw my vote back in my face and tell me to hush up!!...

Ok, ok .... I'll vote YES! I still reserve the right to spout off form time-to-time!!... :rolleyes:

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Yes I would have put my deposit down anyway, I like the machine and I want one. Do I wish I'd have been kept better informed? Yes. Does it really matter? No. When all is said and done I will be riding the neatest thing on the road and my neighbor won't be able to get one for a long time, even if he wanted to.
Good attitude to have, and trust me, once you have your Spyder the long wait will have been worth it. I just returned from a quick trip to Costco, before I could remove
my helmet I had 3 employes run out of the tire shop, and 4 customers that were in the parking lot all descend upon me. It was like 30 minutes before I got away to the store.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I still would have put my $ down because I like to be THAT guy. Everything I have is "DIFFERENT." I can't deal with common or ordinary. I recently brought home 2 Para-Planes & not one of my neighbors was the least bit surprised. I drive a limited edition Truck, My Wife drives a limited edition Scion Xb, my Quad is a limited edition, my Tri-Ped is one of very few in existence, I have a three wheeled Harley golf cart,
& my 4 & 6 year old boys have a collection of old Honda ATC's that Honda would be jealous of. I guess the moral of my story is I can appreciate something new & different, Take your time, make it right, no problem just let us KNOW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still would have put my $ down because I like to be THAT guy. Everything I have is "DIFFERENT." I can't deal with common or ordinary. I recently brought home 2 Para-Planes & not one of my neighbors was the least bit surprised. I drive a limited edition Truck, My Wife drives a limited edition Scion Xb, my Quad is a limited edition, my Tri-Ped is one of very few in existence, I have a three wheeled Harley golf cart,
& my 4 & 6 year old boys have a collection of old Honda ATC's that Honda would be jealous of. I guess the moral of my story is I can appreciate something new & different, Take your time, make it right, no problem just let us KNOW.
I would have liked to have had more communication form BRP. I have been told now that being I was third on the list at my dealer. That when they get another one in then I can have the one sitting on the floor that was supposed to be mine. My feelings are that if I have to take a demo that sits on the floor and has people climb all over it then it better come with a hefty discount.

·
SR Arndt
361 Posts
YES, I WOULD HAVE STILL PUT MY DEPOSIT DOWN!

But for slightly different reasons than the other posts.

I'm a man of modest means. It was after my sons had grown that I finally could afford a motorcycle - which I'd been lusting after since I was 16 or so. Upon getting it, I discovered that the joy of riding it was everything I had anticipated for all those years and more. It became a newfound passion.

A couple years ago I developed some physical limitations that started intruding into my life in general, and due to balance issues, into my ability to ride - it's not good to keep tipping over when on two wheels, lol. I ended up selling my bike and, call me silly, but darn that was hard.

Still an enthusiast, I follow motorcycle news on the net and was stunned when I stumbled onto an article about the Spyder. It looked to have the accommodations that I would need to once again be able to ride. I confirmed this when the demo tour came to Tucson this summer and, after a brief but fantastic ride, I was elated. Until the dealer informed me that he had one left from his first allocation, but it would cost me $1,500 for delivery and prep plus another $1,500 premium on top of that. Further, he let me know that all the dealers in AZ were charging the same; they're all owned by the same owners.

I called all of the dealers in southern CA and finally found one who assured me that he too had one left from his initial allocation, which the dealers seemed to believe was 6 units in October. Plus he was not going to charge me a premium! It would be worth the flight to CA and the ride back to get my Spyder in October! Excitedly, I overnighted my deposit and started making plans.

You can probably guess the rest of the story. BRP and/or dealer communication breakdowns, delivery delays, and OOPS! - somehow I dropped to #10 on the dealer's list. No apology or explanation, etc.

So yes, I would have still put my deposit down. Had I known it would be a March to May '08 delivery, I would not have done it with a dealer 9 hours away. With each passing month my Parkinson's disease is slowly eroding my "window of opportunity" - my ability to ride. I just wish my dealer(s) had been more honest up front and I just hope that I get my Spyder soon.

I just want to ride!!!

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
The way it sounds, if you did not get a deposit down you will not see a 2008 Spyder unitl this time MAYBE next year it was not hard to decide. Silly me too as I assumed they would deliver first come basis. WRONG. O well. We wait.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i'm the worst when it comes to waiting for my new toys...but i know in the long run this is one wait that will def be worth it. i wouldn't mind one more test ride though before snow starts sticking to the ground here, then i can make it thru the next 4-5 months b4 i take delivery! lol

·
SR Arndt
361 Posts
-->QUOTE(Mike B @ Nov 9 2007, 09:02 AM) [post="13493"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
i'm the worst when it comes to waiting for my new toys...but i know in the long run this is one wait that will def be worth it. i wouldn't mind one more test ride though before snow starts sticking to the ground here, then i can make it thru the next 4-5 months b4 i take delivery! lol
[/quote]

LOL, we almost sound like junkies figuring out how to make it to our next fix.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yup..me too,
Will wait till spring....have big poster of me sitting on Spyder in my office,and have had lots of "When are you getting that?" My reply has been "about when I retire" LOL
Put my deposit in in June after my demo ride...as long as it gets here by April I'm good. Getting too cold now...boy what a whus....
Teach

·
ReTARRED
407 Posts
I would have. I really enjoyed the test rides my wife and I took last May and am still looking forward to at least seeing it in the garage come December 15th,when I ll travel home for a vacation.

Since I had to move to the Seattle area for work last August, I ve become much more patient knowing that I wont be able to ride it till next year anyway,unless I have it shipped out here from Michigan and then have to spend money to store it. I guess it never gets much under freezing temps here so riding often during the "winter" would not be a problem for me,for I m used to -0F temps and many feet of snow.

Hmmmmm..on second thought.....
that might be an option!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would still put my payment down and try to be a little more patient than I've been up to now! I put my deposit down in mid-March and still have no idea when to expect delivery. I call my dealer every week or so and they know exactly as much as I do - nothing! I am #2 on his list, for all the good it does. I live in southwest Virginia, in the mountains, and its getting cold here. Although I used to ride all winter, I find I'm much more of a wimp at age 70 than I was at age 50-60. Now, I kinda hope I son't get it until March of 2008 for several reasons: First, I get to keep my money a while longer; Second, my warranty will expire later; and finallly, I won't have to worry about salt on my new beauty!! Anyway, I still have 5 two wheel bikes and one sidecar outfit to see me through the wait. Of course, if it arrives tomorrow, I'm on it!!! :rolleyes:

A while back there was a state-by-state list of shipping dates with Virginia omitted. There was speculation that we would be included with NY and NJ, etc. Any new word on that?
Pierce

1 - 19 of 19 Posts