Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shipments delayed in CA because of trouble with CA emissions....this is getting a bit pain in the ***

·
Registered
911 Posts
Shipments delayed in CA because of trouble with CA emissions....
all right, you go tell jay he needs to give his back

honestly, i kind of doubt this excuse since the paperwork and certification had to be done long before now. in fact, i'm not sure they would have been allowed to bring the demo units into california without the certification.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all right, you go tell jay he needs to give his back

honestly, i kind of doubt this excuse since the paperwork and certification had to be done long before now. in fact, i'm not sure they would have been allowed to bring the demo units into california without the certification.
Good point...what am I suppose to believe.
Sean from SAC dealer said he got a fax 3 hours ago that his truck in in transit and will be there Nov 5th...he had not heard this.
What to believe?
My Anaheim dealer told me this at 4 pm pst

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Guess that vioids the fax from BRP to my dealer last evening at 5:40pm stating the Spyders were en-route. :rolleyes:

The info that is being reported from dealers, that heard it from a rep, that heard it from......... is really getting to be rather entertaining for me. The Spyders will arrive when they arrive, no rep will make that happen any sooner, and it appears some dealers/reps are just making statements to make a customer feel like he has some current info. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Guess that vioids the fax from BRP to my dealer last evening at 5:40pm stating the Spyders were en-route. :rolleyes:

The info that is being reported from dealers, that heard it from a rep, that heard it from......... is really getting to be rather entertaining for me. The Spyders will ariive when the arrive, no rep will make that happen any sooner, and it appears some dealers/reps are just making statements to make a customer feel like he has some current info. :rolleyes:
I highly doubt that emissions would be an issue at this point. Before the manufacture can title his vehicles as "California legal" they must get sign off from the state before production. In any case, how did they get the demos and Jay Lenos in the state?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
"in fact, i'm not sure they would have been allowed to bring the demo units into california without the certification."

Since those were 'prototype' bikes I don't think that was an issue.

BRP isn't that stupid to not have it pass CA certification.

This is just another unfounded rumor.

I think there is a better chance that aliens have stolen the truckloads of them in transit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
"in fact, i'm not sure they would have been allowed to bring the demo units into california without the certification."

Since those were 'prototype' bikes I don't think that was an issue.

BRP isn't that stupid to not have it pass CA certification.

This is just another unfounded rumor.

I think there is a better chance that aliens have stolen the truckloads of them in transit.
LOL... I agree.

·
Registered
62 Posts

The info that is being reported from dealers, that heard it from a rep, that heard it from......... is really getting to be rather entertaining for me. The Spyders will arrive when they arrive, no rep will make that happen any sooner, and it appears some dealers/reps are just making statements to make a customer feel like he has some current info. :rolleyes:
OOPS< AMEN Brother here.......

·
Registered
324 Posts
No Cali deliveries that I know of yet. I called my dealer today to see it he still expects mine to arrive on 11/01 and he promised to call me tomorrow after he checks with his BRP rep. We will see.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
No Cali deliveries that I know of yet. I called my dealer today to see it he still expects mine to arrive on 11/01 and he promised to call me tomorrow after he checks with his BRP rep. We will see.
My dealer and I don't bother with the rep, half trusting the fax from BRP on last Friday. My salesperson
is just watching for the big white truck and will call when it is in the street.

·
SR Arndt
361 Posts
Anyone here, besides me, working with Corona Motorsports?

If so, have you heard any dates from them? I haven't gotten one yet...

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL... I agree.
If not, just go to e-bay and buy the right to pick up one of two Spyders "in a week or two" from a dealer . As of now, the bid price, just for the right to buy, is $3650. Of course you still have to pay the MSRP plus trans. set up, etc. Let's see, that comes to about $18600 or so. And you still have to wait for it to arrive!! :rolleyes:

Pierce

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
From the sounds of member's reports, many California owners should be riding this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts