Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The total number of dealers for each state is from the spyder.brp.com site, I choose cities in each state at random, so your dealer mileage will vary.

ST DLR CITY MILes

MA 6 Salisbury 256

NY 11 Poughkeepsie 363

NJ 2 Belleville 430

MI 11 Grand Rapids 763

VA 10 Newport News 840

WI 11 Madison 1,067

FL 22 Jacksonville 1,365

MN 6 Moorhead 1,561

CO 4 Lakewood 1,915

AZ 4 Phoenix 2,692

CA 26 Fresno 3,046

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Interesting information. That would help explain why Spyders are heading to Florida first...likely CA as well.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The total number of dealers for each state is from the spyder.brp.com site, I choose cities in each state at random, so your dealer mileage will vary.

ST DLR CITY MILes

MA 6 Salisbury 256
Ok, are you stating that MA dealer here listed is 256 miles from the BRP mfg site? They had to DRIVE through MA to deliver the spyders to FL!!!!!!! my house is less than 3 miles from 93/95, my dealer is less than 5 miles from rt 495!! which the trucks would have taken to FL!!!!!!! oh now there is some salt for a wound bleeding hard,,,,,,, thanks,,,,,,

·
Registered
324 Posts

ST DLR CITY MILes

MA 6 Salisbury 256

NY 11 Poughkeepsie 363

NJ 2 Belleville 430

MI 11 Grand Rapids 763

VA 10 Newport News 840

WI 11 Madison 1,067

FL 22 Jacksonville 1,365

MN 6 Moorhead 1,561

CO 4 Lakewood 1,915

AZ 4 Phoenix 2,692

CA 26 Fresno 3,046
Looks like us CA folks will be the last to get ours from the looks of this list.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Ok, are you stating that MA dealer here listed is 256 miles from the BRP mfg site? They had to DRIVE through MA to deliver the spyders to FL!!!!!!! my house is less than 3 miles from 93/95, my dealer is less than 5 miles from rt 495!! which the trucks would have taken to FL!!!!!!! oh now there is some salt for a wound bleeding hard,,,,,,, thanks,,,,,,
Good things happen to who wait

·
Registered
314 Posts
well i don't think ca. is gonna be last.. dealers here received displays this week for setup
of their showroom.(who knows) and if they can get 16 or 18 per truck dont think they would have shipped just 1 to ca.(jay leno) ...you guys up north are gonna have to wait till snow clears
"j k" sunny and 80 here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
well i don't think ca. is gonna be last.. dealers here received displays this week for setup
of their showroom.(who knows) and if they can get 16 or 18 per truck dont think they would have shipped just 1 to ca.(jay leno) and dealer here has accessories in stock...you guys up north are gonna have to wait till snow clears
Smoky and 80 here on SO CA

·
Registered
856 Posts
If I don't hear anything by next week I want to tell my dealer that I want to pick mine up at the factory. Can be there in 4-5 hours!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Smoky and 80 here on SO CA
so nobody down your way has gotten one yet? dealers up around here have no idea
cant believe they just shipped one to jay(oh yea he's tv star)so ...i would think s.ca will before cen ca. # 3 on list back before my hair was gray

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
so nobody down your way has gotten one yet? dealers up around here have no idea
cant believe they just shipped one to jay(oh yea he's tv star)so ...i would think s.ca will before cen ca. # 3 on list back before my hair was gray
I am 8, probably wont see until late Nov.
A dealer down here has accessories though

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
of their showroom.(who knows) and if they can get 16 or 18 per truck dont think they would have shipped just 1 to ca.(jay leno) ...you guys up north are gonna have to wait till snow clears
Since the president of the company was there for the delivery of Jay's bike, I rather doubt they would gamble on it being delayed at US Customs, or some flaky freight company
not delivering it on time. I would guess it was shipped via air freight.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The new word is that the spyder had a computer fuel problem; so they are now at a central location being worked on by BRP personel.
That's what I heard from the local rep that services my dealer. He said that the Spyders are getting software updates (reflash). He also stated that the Spyders that have been delivered will need to be taken back to the dealer for the software update. He's certain that I should see mine by 11/1.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm curious as to the accuracy of the info from the "reps" that I Have read here, one was that the shipping crates had an issue, then there was a problem with the instrumentation cluster and now a software issue.

I guess it is possible if the Spyders that were ready for shipment were all in one location, then BRP personnel could do the software update. My question is that if there were Spyders already on freight trucks and en-route to dealers, it would be rather impossible to get those trucks to meet at one location, drop off the Spyders and continue on with there other cargo to keep on schedule. Once the software was updated, BRP would need to re-schedule a pick up and then sent onto the origial destinations.

I also remember reading that a BRP rep reported that the Spyders were all going to a "central location" to have the final assembly completed, then they would ship out to the dealers. This would appear to be not happening, since the few that have been delivered need some assembly.

This is just my thoughts well having coffee this morning, and I'm thinking I will just ignore the reports from the reps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm curious as to the accuracy of the info from the "reps" that I Have read here, one was that the shipping crates had an issue, then there was a problem with the instrumentation cluster and now a software issue.

I guess it is possible if the Spyders that were ready for shipment were all in one location, then BRP personnel could do the software update. My question is that if there were Spyders already on freight trucks and en-route to dealers, it would be rather impossible to get those trucks to meet at one location, drop off the Spyders and continue on with there other cargo to keep on schedule. Once the software was updated, BRP would need to re-schedule a pick up and then sent onto the origial destinations.

I also remember reading that a BRP rep reported that the Spyders were all going to a "central location" to have the final assembly completed, then they would ship out to the dealers. This would appear to be not happening, since the few that have been delivered need some assembly.

This is just my thoughts well having coffee this morning, and I'm thinking I will just ignore the reports from the reps.
Some of these so called "reps" were probably dealers who have no idea of what is going on.
There was no "final assembly" required. It has been done at the factory. The dealers unpack the unit, connect the battery, put the windshield and mirrors on and check the fluids. Then they charge you for dealer prep !

Richard

·
Registered
188 Posts
Some of these so called "reps" were probably dealers who have no idea of what is going on.
There was no "final assembly" required. It has been done at the factory. The dealers unpack the unit, connect the battery, put the windshield and mirrors on and check the fluids. Then they charge you for dealer prep !

Richard
I thought that the one or two people who picked up their Spyders in the past few days said that there was a few hours worth of assembly necessary. I recall reading that at least a portion of the front end had to be installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Even though I wish I had my Spyder now, there may be an advantage to getting it in March. Maybe by then all the kinks will be worked out. Seeing as I don't have much if any riding time left anyway. Even on days like today where it may have been warm enough at times, we are getting a lot of rain. Also early in the am when I left for work the last few days I had to scrape frost from my windsheild. Hopefully in March, My husband's and my Spyder's will be ready to hop on and go when we get our call. Of course March is always a toss up for weather here too. For those of you getting yours now, I truly wish the the very best and happy riding.

·
Registered
314 Posts
this is one answer i just got back from marc at brp

..and also how complete is spyder when delivered? and approx time needed to finish

assembly.

There is some final assembly and pre-delivery inspection required by dealers. Example, they must assemble the front "bin", (the storage area) and a number of adjustments/inspections. Times will vary according to dealer and experience with Spyder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts