Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Rokonman #2018
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the latest update from BRP to the dealers as of Nov. 3- 3 Roadsters per dealer:
AZ- in transit, left BRP Nov. 2
CA- Delivered or in transit, left yard Nov. 2
FL- Completed or pending with two dealers expected next week
QC- in-transit or pending, 5 dealers complete 6 scheduled for next week
AB, BC, MI, MN, WI, FL- Pending ship week of Nov. 5
MA, NJ, NY, ON- Pending ship week of Nov 9

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Here is the latest update from BRP to the dealers as of Nov. 3- 3 Roadsters per dealer:
That is very solid and consistent with what has been going on. "Pending ship week" means leave Valcourt. Delivery 5-10 days later. That does make final deliveries for the fall near or at the end of November for some.

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
where did the list come from? who gave it to you?

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Along with your shipping information. I just got off the phone with my dealer and he confirmed the same dates with the same fax. However, I was told that even though they are recieving 3 bikes, 1 bike is a floor demo that will stay in the dealership. The floor demos are supposed to be yellow without the Special Edition placard on them. My dealer in AZ says that I am #1 on the list and I am getting yellow. He says that he is slated to get 2 silvers and one yellow. Guess what, the demo is yellow. My dealer also hit the roof because the way the shipping info looks, his demo is silver. So, end result, I could have a bike by the end of the week or by the end of March. And I turned in my certificate on April 12th. BEfore the June deadline. Insert cuss and frustraion words here _________________________________!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Along with your shipping information. I just got off the phone with my dealer and he confirmed the same dates with the same fax. However, I was told that even though they are recieving 3 bikes, 1 bike is a floor demo that will stay in the dealership. The floor demos are supposed to be yellow without the Special Edition placard on them. My dealer in AZ says that I am #1 on the list and I am getting yellow. He says that he is slated to get 2 silvers and one yellow. Guess what, the demo is yellow. My dealer also hit the roof because the way the shipping info looks, his demo is silver. So, end result, I could have a bike by the end of the week or by the end of March. And I turned in my certificate on April 12th. BEfore the June deadline. Insert cuss and frustraion words here _________________________________!!
are all demos supposed to be yellow??????????

·
Registered
307 Posts
soooooooooo,,,,,,,
does this mean,, hyperthetically speaking, the MA shipment would ship out any time from Nov 5th to Nov 9th? Im confused,,, the 5th of nov is a monday, the 9th is a friday. of course this is TOTALLY hyperthetical,,,,,,,,, of course,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
(deer in the headlight look)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am actually so tired of being told 16 different things that I am giving up. If they come in and mine is not in the group, then, of course, BRP will get a letter of perportionate words. But all I can muster up right now is TTTTTHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTT. Put your tongue out and blow a rasberry. THat is what that sound is.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am actually so tired of being told 16 different things that I am giving up. If they come in and mine is not in the group, then, of course, BRP will get a letter of perportionate words. But all I can muster up right now is TTTTTHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPTTTTTTTTT. Put your tongue out and blow a rasberry. THat is what that sound is.
they will get a letter of"perportionate" words???? ok,,,, Im like a freeking rocket scienctist and that one just blew me away........

btw, a long hard day,, and your post made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
At least I know when to look for delievery of my Spyder, because those last two dealers located in Florida are Ft. Walton Motorsports and Pensacoloa Motorsports. At least I know something now. I will have to set up the first service while there for the next day. It is 375 miles to my house, so I might as well ride it up while in the Florida area. Going home and back would make it 750 miles - warranty voided... I will just head out from the dealer for 312.5 and then turn around and have the service done, then head home after the service. Airplane ticket, hotel room, spyder, gas, 1st service, hotel room, and trip home... expensive trip!

·
tonga
439 Posts
At least I know when to look for delievery of my Spyder, because those last two dealers located in Florida are Ft. Walton Motorsports and Pensacoloa Motorsports. At least I know something now. I will have to set up the first service while there for the next day. It is 375 miles to my house, so I might as well ride it up while in the Florida area. Going home and back would make it 750 miles - warranty voided... I will just head out from the dealer for 312.5 and then turn around and have the service done, then head home after the service. Airplane ticket, hotel room, spyder, gas, 1st service, hotel room, and trip home... expensive trip!
Good luck on getting your service done while you wait as Valve clearences are normaly done "Cold"

·
Registered
801 Posts
Ditto. My excitement and enthusiasm about this amazing 3-wheel motorcycle has been eroded by the tide of confusion and delays. Better to forget about it for a while and be surprised if/when the dealer calls...

·
Registered
42 Posts
UPDATE:

Just told by my dealer that the one they recieved for the demo was yellow. #1 on the list....deposit in April of 2007....and yet not getting mine until possibly March 2008. THe other 2 soyders were silver and they go to the next on the list. I am absolutley appaulled and disgusted. I was told that BRP was sending the bikes in order that they were placed. I dont even want to wait any longer...in the mood to give up and move on. after 8 months of waiting and anticapation and lies. Almost ready to throw in the towel. Any suggestions????? I am a girl, so yes I actually cried when they told me the news.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts