Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer up here in MA called,, 2 yellow and a silver are comming,,,, He didnt have an exact delivery date, but just recieved word, typically 5 days out,, that would put it right around the 16th!! OHH YEAAAAAA just in time,, my current bike is being sold this weekend

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
My dealer up here in MA called,, 2 yellow and a silver are comming,,,, He didnt have an exact delivery date, but just recieved word, typically 5 days out,, that would put it right around the 16th!! OHH YEAAAAAA just in time,, my current bike is being sold this weekend
Well there you go and color choice to boot.
Drive it like it's stolen

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Hey Charles

I was at my dealer yesterday and the rep had just left about an hour before I got there.

Fun Bike Center in San Diego confirmed that the bikes would ship today and they expect their full allotment next week, which is what they have been saying all along.

Just a side note Fun Bike Center of San Diego is having Demo rides all day this sat, sun and 1/2 of monday with 2 reps there and thier bikes, anyway I was able to pre-demo a yellow Spyder for 2 1/2 hours yesterday and had a blast.

Tried out all the safty items and funny they work just like they were suppose to.

Last note the bike is fast as I hit 2 upgrade straight away with the first hitting above where I should have been and the second straight 4 mph faster than the first.

I'm pumped about my bike showing up next week.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Charles

I was at my dealer yesterday and the rep had just left about an hour before I got there.

Fun Bike Center in San Diego confirmed that the bikes would ship today and they expect their full allotment next week, which is what they have been saying all along.

Just a side note Fun Bike Center of San Diego is having Demo rides all day this sat, sun and 1/2 of monday with 2 reps there and thier bikes, anyway I was able to pre-demo a yellow Spyder for 2 1/2 hours yesterday and had a blast.

Tried out all the safty items and funny they work just like they were suppose to.

Last note the bike is fast as I hit 2 upgrade straight away with the first hitting above where I should have been and the second straight 4 mph faster than the first.

I'm pumped about my bike showing up next week.
Yes so am I,, I got to ride a demo at my dealer for 4 hours last time and had a blast with it!!! Silver it was although I did demo a yellow up in laconia NH. I will start some loan paper work tomorrow so I will have financing and everything in hand and ready to go when it shows up. Already told my boss Im taking the day off for the "birth" of my baby (decrateing and asembly, the dealer invited me up to see it off the truck through delivery) Options,, Fog lights, side pads, touring winscreen, ISO grips, under frame lighting allready bought, Would get the ISO grips, but now sure on the size of the bars. gona hold off on the passenger back rest, cant justify 600 for it....

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Yes so am I,, I got to ride a demo at my dealer for 4 hours last time and had a blast with it!!! Silver it was although I did demo a yellow up in laconia NH. I will start some loan paper work tomorrow so I will have financing and everything in hand and ready to go when it shows up. Already told my boss Im taking the day off for the "birth" of my baby (decrateing and asembly, the dealer invited me up to see it off the truck through delivery) Options,, Fog lights, side pads, touring winscreen, ISO grips, under frame lighting allready bought, Would get the ISO grips, but now sure on the size of the bars. gona hold off on the passenger back rest, cant justify 600 for it....
I am going with the knee pads for sure. Found that to be a need at the first ride. They went with bigger grips on the production Spyder. Fog lights, WOW they want to much for them I think I will wait for after markets. Backrest had some issues and went through retooling, may not even be avaliable. I also am going with the cover and the power supply for the trunk. Waiting on serial number for financing and check Foremost for insurance on it. Where did you find a lighting kit?

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
I like your style.

I ordered the following options:

Outside Storage Cover, Trunk Liner, Mono Seat Cowl, Riser Block, 12-V Power Outlet, Side Panel Trim, Fog Lights, HID Xenon Lighting System, Rear Sport Rack, Adjustable Backrest, Touring Windshield, 6-Spoke Wheel Kit, Wheel Trim Kit

I just ordered the mount for My XM Radio that I have along with a hardwire power cable, I also have a GPS and have ordered the craddle along with power and audio cable. I will get the GPS mount after I look at the bike again this weekend at the demo ride.

I am having a problem with locating a set of speakers that will fit or mount correctly so that it dose NOT look like an after thought.

Any help with the speakers would be helpful

And last but not least I know I shouldn't have but i did 100 mph and 104 mph I only stop because there was traffic ahead so I backed off sorry - not really sorry!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going with the knee pads for sure. Found that to be a need at the first ride. They went with bigger grips on the production Spyder. Fog lights, WOW they want to much for them I think I will wait for after markets. Backrest had some issues and went through retooling, may not even be avaliable. I also am going with the cover and the power supply for the trunk. Waiting on serial number for financing and check Foremost for insurance on it. Where did you find a lighting kit?
found the lights at an auto store, they are simply a 12" white/blue neon light, water proof. I agree with the cover,, I have one also on the way. I will run the wires up under it and tap into the main lighting system of the spyder. I am also purchasing this weekend, golfball lights,,, lights that are round, size of golf balls and painting them yellow to match. These will sit out on the fenders so as I turn the wheels, the path will light in front of the wheels vrs infront of the bike. I thought of a radio, but,,,,, decided to go with a plug and play blue tooth system. My ipod or xm radio can plug into it, along with my cell phone, the blue tooth will the pair with a BT headset in my helmet.

the ONLY good thing about waiting,,, is that we can plan what we want with thought, research, and puchase over time......

2 of my buddies have already come up with (on paper) how to attach ski mobile ski's to the front and a chain system for the back!!! yes we get snow,, so lets ride year round!!!!!

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
found the lights at an auto store, they are simply a 12" white/blue neon light, water proof. I agree with the cover,, I have one also on the way. I will run the wires up under it and tap into the main lighting system of the spyder. I am also purchasing this weekend, golfball lights,,, lights that are round, size of golf balls and painting them yellow to match. These will sit out on the fenders so as I turn the wheels, the path will light in front of the wheels vrs infront of the bike. I thought of a radio, but,,,,, decided to go with a plug and play blue tooth system. My ipod or xm radio can plug into it, along with my cell phone, the blue tooth will the pair with a BT headset in my helmet.

the ONLY good thing about waiting,,, is that we can plan what we want with thought, research, and puchase over time......

2 of my buddies have already come up with (on paper) how to attach ski mobile ski's to the front and a chain system for the back!!! yes we get snow,, so lets ride year round!!!!!
Can you give me some web sites for the bluetooth system that your xm radio will work with?

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Can you give me some web sites for the bluetooth system that your xm radio will work with?
Keeping it simply with the I pod in the front pocket of the 1St Owners Group jacket. They even put the head phone cord hole above the pocket.
If you look at some of the gauge cluster photos, it looks like there are ribbed openings on each side. Maybe speakers could go behind. Yes Charles, still talking about that. ;)
With all the tricking out everyone is doing, sounds like I will stand out being stock..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Keeping it simply with the I pod in the front pocket of the 1St Owners Group jacket. They even put the head phone cord hole above the pocket.
If you look at some of the gauge cluster photos, it looks like there are ribbed openings on each side. Maybe speakers could go behind. Yes Charles, still talking about that. ;)
With all the tricking out everyone is doing, sounds like I will stand out being stock..
Well not to be out done...I'm all stock too, and I don't even have an ipod. Also heard from dealer today with an invite up for more demo riding next week. But I'm not getting mine till spring.

Teach

·
Registered
324 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today and he believes that the units he receives will not be in crates. He says that the units will be sent to a "distribution center" before arriving at the dealership.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today and he believes that the units he receives will not be in crates. He says that the units will be sent to a "distribution center" before arriving at the dealership.
I do not doubt they will all be showing up at dealers about the same day. Big promo stunt by BRP especailly in light of the "NEWS" today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im taking the day off for the "birth" of my baby (decrateing and asembly, the dealer invited me up to see it off the truck through delivery) Options,, Fog lights, side pads, touring winscreen, ISO grips, under frame lighting allready bought, Would get the ISO grips, but now sure on the size of the bars. gona hold off on the passenger back rest, cant justify 600 for it....
That's the way to do it Charles! Sounds like it should be a very memorable day. Kudos for being one of the first 'risk takers' and putting your money down early. They should change that old expression to: "The early bird catches the worm SPYDER".

Your dealer sounds awesome. Who did you chose?
Do you think he would be willing to do this for other customers or do you have an 'in' with him?
I bet you know so much about the Spyder by now that the mechanics will be asking for your help!

Once you finally get so tired on your first ride that you have to come home and sleep don't forget to tell us how it was !

Some of us were more cautious ordering and now have to wait till March - Arrrgh

·
Registered
314 Posts
talked to my dealer today ...again
not yet he says! but he did say i would have mine

before the month was over....
also he's sending me my jacket that i had to return because it was wrong size..which is probably the only thing that has happened that was a positive response....
no wonder dealer's dont seem to like to answer call's about spyder..,delivery,acc's,changes because brp has left them and US in the dark...maybe all dealers should check CAN-AM TALK for info no doubt most everyone here has more reliable(somewhat) info than any us have received from dealer or BRP...not to much of a hurry now.spyder would be garaged for couple months using up warranty time...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not to much of a hurry now.spyder would be garaged for couple months using up warranty time...
yes, that is the problem I am facing,,,, "SNOW"!!!!! and cold. Ill ride down to 35 degrees F, to and from work. After that,, it is just to dang cold. Keep in mind, I would be on a highway with a 60-110 mph wind ok ok,, 60-65mph lol,,, that thing called "windchill" will make it feel close to 5 degrees F. So comes that cold weather, mine goes to sleep till the birds chip again and the temps reach 40 deg, april ish??

but I promise to bring a book out with a pot of hot coco and read my spyder a bed time story LOL LOL LOL

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
My dealer is awesome!!!! rt 3a motors in chelmsford MA, He is a straight shooter, tells you everything he has, He has called me multiple times to let me know what is going on, even if it is a call to say "I havnt heard anything new since out last call". I didnt know them prior to this, and wont go any place else from this point on. He isnt just a sales guy looking for the buck, He is a normal guy, family, down to earth and working hard to put food on his table. They also understand that good customer service will bring in repeat business. I wont buy a bike any where else and I tell everyone I meet that is looking,, go up there!!! they are great!!

As far as riding till I have to go home,, Im packing the front trunk with energy drinks, no doze pills, coffee, coke-cola and stoping for nature breaks only!!! well, for the first 90 or so hours anyways,, lol lol lol.
yes, that is the problem I am facing,,,, "SNOW"!!!!! and cold. Ill ride down to 35 degrees F, to and from work. After that,, it is just to dang cold. Keep in mind, I would be on a highway with a 60-110 mph wind ok ok,, 60-65mph lol,,, that thing called "windchill" will make it feel close to 5 degrees F. So comes that cold weather, mine goes to sleep till the birds chip again and the temps reach 40 deg, april ish??

but I promise to bring a book out with a pot of hot coco and read my spyder a bed time story LOL LOL LOL
Charles, make sure you read your manual on breaking in the motor before you ride all day...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts