Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Brand new here. I dont have a can-am but I'm very impressed with them. I have a king quad 700. Anyhoo, Im glad to find this site. Their are 8 new can-ams in my rideing posse and 3 of them are camo. One 800, and 2 650s. All 3 have sufferd from fender breackage...Riding in the snow and cold. Whats up with that? Anybody else have troubles? I've become the goto guy in our group when it boils down to getting on the internet for answers. Please help us..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Every report I have read on CA Outlanders details weak fender braces and fender cracking when used in heavily mudded conditions or heavy snow. It appears the fender braces are a weakness with the unit.

The only thing I have read is to replace them when they bend or break, and fix cracked plastic.

Jerry

·
Registered
141 Posts
The camo plastic is notorious for breaking in the cold temperatures. Make the dealer put non camo plastic on and you will be good to go they are aware of the problems with the camo plastic, not sure why they haven't did anything about it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The camo plastic is notorious for breaking in the cold temperatures. Make the dealer put non camo plastic on and you will be good to go they are aware of the problems with the camo plastic, not sure why they haven't did anything about it though.
Will can-am eat the cost of non-camo plastic? My buddies are wishing theid gotten regular colors now. I bought a green king quad with hopes of Camo-cladding it, which I finally did a couple weeks ago. It turned out sweet. Realtree hardwoods HD grey!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Will can-am eat the cost of non-camo plastic? My buddies are wishing theid gotten regular colors now. I bought a green king quad with hopes of Camo-cladding it, which I finally did a couple weeks ago. It turned out sweet. Realtree hardwoods HD grey!!
I talked with a Distributor guy that does all brands an he said it was 3 to one for colored fenders vs. Camo Fenders wiyh the Camo Fenders being the most or Three for every One of all the other colors put together. I was in the Dealership an maybe it was my Imagination but the camo felt thinner than the Green one I checked with just my fingers.
I think Can-AM should have a recall ,my Outlander is only 4 or 5 months old. They said it was a back order on my cracked Camo Fender which cost $300 to $400 plus Installation. I had a wreck but it should have not have been that bad I think it was the Plastic but I can not prove it!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have had two 800 Outy's since fall 2005 and have logged nearly 5000 miles between the two in all kinds of weather and mud and trails ect .. .

We have not had a problem with the camo at all.

I think if this is going to be come more of an issue we should start a serial # number thread complete with manufacture date so we can narrow down exactly which run of the camo is hurting the most.

Wolf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts