Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took a final ride on the demo, it was 27 degrees out, Frost on the pumpkins, The heat from the spyder did NOT keep me warm lol. For those in north country where you will experience temps like this or close to it and wish to ride I suggest the following:

Mitts for the hand grips, - sold in snowmobile shops, I am going with the warm n fuzzy ones
touring wind screen!!!
karhart work pants, or a think ski pants
warm boots or work boots.
head/neck protection from the cold, again, your local snow mobile/ ski shop sells these for a few dollars.

The tops of my legs / quads froze, the hands were not to bad with gloves on, I found that the mirrors are placed so that they act as guards on the hands from the wind which is a good thing. wind did vent around the front and onto the feet, so a warm shoe is needed.

for those that have ridden sleds, the basic gear is needed here also, no real protection at all from the wind.
for those that have not been on a sled, see a snowmobile dealer and get a few things if you wish to extend your season.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well, I took a final ride on the demo, it was 27 degrees out, Frost on the pumpkins, The heat from the spyder did NOT keep me warm lol. For those in north country where you will experience temps like this or close to it and wish to ride I suggest the following:

Mitts for the hand grips, - sold in snowmobile shops, I am going with the warm n fuzzy ones
touring wind screen!!!
karhart work pants, or a think ski pants
warm boots or work boots.
head/neck protection from the cold, again, your local snow mobile/ ski shop sells these for a few dollars.

The tops of my legs / quads froze, the hands were not to bad with gloves on, I found that the mirrors are placed so that they act as guards on the hands from the wind which is a good thing. wind did vent around the front and onto the feet, so a warm shoe is needed.

for those that have ridden sleds, the basic gear is needed here also, no real protection at all from the wind.
for those that have not been on a sled, see a snowmobile dealer and get a few things if you wish to extend your season.
Time to move to a warm climate...80 and sunny here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts