Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to ATVs, we bought 2 Outlanders last month. We got into some good mud yesterday. I noticed in the owners manual it said not to use a pressure washer to clean up the ATV. I live in the country and have a well, so my pressure isn't the greatest - and I do have a 1500 psi small home owner model pressure washer. It took almost two hours to get cleaned up yesterday - kind of takes the fun out of riding!
Any thoughts on using a pressure washer to clean up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine said he had some trouble with bearing when using a pressure washer - just want to make sure that I am not causing any problems.....Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
195 Posts
A person just has to use common sense when washing with high press.I don't point the nozzle and hold it on the cv's or the same with electrical connections.

Peronally, I grease it after I wash it.

Wash it what ever way you feel comfortable with.

Ive owned a few wheelers over the years and have never had a problem due to wash water

·
Registered
529 Posts
A person just has to use common sense when washing with high press.I don't point the nozzle and hold it on the cv's or the same with electrical connections.

Peronally, I grease it after I wash it.

Wash it what ever way you feel comfortable with.

Ive owned a few wheelers over the years and have never had a problem due to wash water
Well said. I use a pressure washer on my ATV's, but be cautious when washing near bearings or around engine covers/gaskets. That is the reason pressure washing is not recommended by manufacturers; in extreme cases it can force mud, sand, and water through gaskets and bearings/seals.

Just a tip.......before I go to the heavy mud, I apply Armor-All to pretty much the entire quad (if it is clean). After your mud-bogging, a quick rinse with the hose will make most of the mud just slide right off.

Jerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
don't know about other pressure washers but mine has an adjustable end to fan out the spray, i've been using it for several years with no problems. don't get too close with the wand

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a tip.......before I go to the heavy mud, I apply Armor-All to pretty much the entire quad (if it is clean). After your mud-bogging, a quick rinse with the hose will make most of the mud just slide right off.
Jerry

Pledge works great for this also. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I haver a 2800 PSI power washer. Its constructions grade with the adjustable fan or stream on it! It has the suction tube to put in the soap but I don't know how to use it. It requires rocket science that I don't have! NO problems at all with using it on the wheeler! It loves it! CAREFUL OF THE STICKERS THOUGH!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts