Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for the reply. My thought was to replace the thermostat since it could be faulty. It should normally show 4 or 5 bars on the gauge but within 10 or 15 minutes will increase to 7 bars. The warning lights show overheating and low fluid levels. I checked the fluid and it is normal. Could it possibly be an airlock? I tried switching relays with no change.

·
Registered
2020 F3Ltd
3 Posts
Thank you for the reply. My thought was to replace the thermostat since it could be faulty. It should normally show 4 or 5 bars on the gauge but within 10 or 15 minutes will increase to 7 bars. The warning lights show overheating and low fluid levels. I checked the fluid and it is normal. Could it possibly be an airlock? I tried switching relays with no change.
If you have doubt, just replace it. Pretty straight foreward and it not part of the pump as was suggested by another contributor. The number bars on the temp gauge is not very accurate when compared with just about every other temp gauge on the market. Keeping that in mind and if there are not other signs of overheating, I suggest you do what many other owners have done and ignore the gauge., until there is some other possible indicator, and just grin along with many others.

·
Registered
2020 F3Ltd
3 Posts
There is a modification available that blocks off ariflow that bypasses the radiator. I forget where I got mine, Slingmods possible. Pretty simple to fit and comes with directions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have doubt, just replace it. Pretty straight foreward and it not part of the pump as was suggested by another contributor. The number bars on the temp gauge is not very accurate when compared with just about every other temp gauge on the market. Keeping that in mind and if there are not other signs of overheating, I suggest you do what many other owners have done and ignore the gauge., until there is some other possible indicator, and just grin along with many others.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Australia, Northern Territory, very hot here 47 DEG C daily, I too had the over heating issue. It turned out that the Relay for the Thermo-fan attached to the radiator was blown and the fan wasn't cutting in to cool while the bike was stationary. I split a header tank while the bike was idling in the drive way.

I needed to fault find the fan by applying power externally to check if the fan was burned out it wasn't, I then went to the electric switch box and replaced the relay, it cuts in very late so you need to wait till the temp gauge shows 5 Bars then the fan will cut in while the bike is stationary.

Hope this helps you, if its over heating while riding sorry I can't help you, hope you sort it out,

kindest regards,

Pete ( [email protected] )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from Australia, Northern Territory, very hot here 47 DEG C daily, I too had the over heating issue. It turned out that the Relay for the Thermo-fan attached to the radiator was blown and the fan wasn't cutting in to cool while the bike was stationary. I split a header tank while the bike was idling in the drive way.

I needed to fault find the fan by applying power externally to check if the fan was burned out it wasn't, I then went to the electric switch box and replaced the relay, it cuts in very late so you need to wait till the temp gauge shows 5 Bars then the fan will cut in while the bike is stationary.

Hope this helps you, if its over heating while riding sorry I can't help you, hope you sort it out,

kindest regards,

Pete ( [email protected] )
Thank you, Pete. The fan is working when it is over heating. I will take the Spyder to a dealer to put on a scop. I tried switching a relay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts