Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRP Unfair Pricing Practices
On April 22, 2021 I purchased a Can AM Spyder RT from a local dealership. On May 6th I ordered a top case, and according to BRP’s website the price was $2079.00, which I paid plus tax. Two weeks later, the same case is now 20% off, which is now $1663.99.
I contacted BRP to ask if they would refund the difference since the purchase occurred within a 30 day window of the sale. They assured me they would look into it. After a week, I was told that they would be unable to refund the difference.
How can a company as large as BRP treat their customers so unfair? Every other reputable business I have dealt with in the past have had a 30 day price guarantee for large ticket items. Needless to say, I am not only disappointed, but will never purchase anything from them going forward. The greed of this company is undeniable! I spent over $32,000 the day I bought my Spyder, and they can’t refund $415.00 back to me? Beware everyone….this speaks volumes about how you will be treated a customer after you purchase anything from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. That is not right. Anything the credit card company to do on this? In my own situation, I look at the products available for the spider's and think all of it is grossly over priced. I spent 25 years on harley and while their pieces and parts aren't cheap that are no where near the cost for brp accessories. Case in point....passenger back rest thru brp is something like 700+ dollars. Harley was overpriced also but not that over priced. Additionally while i love my spyder i find that I'm need to buy parts to make is more functional as a touring machine. This was not the case with HD as it came from the factory as a machine that could be ridden withlout upgrading seats.wiwndshieds an ssuspension. I'm beginning to see that ryker is proivding more aftermarket at al esser cpst. Spyer seems less refinded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BRP Unfair Pricing Practices
On April 22, 2021 I purchased a Can AM Spyder RT from a local dealership. On May 6th I ordered a top case, and according to BRP’s website the price was $2079.00, which I paid plus tax. Two weeks later, the same case is now 20% off, which is now $1663.99.
I contacted BRP to ask if they would refund the difference since the purchase occurred within a 30 day window of the sale. They assured me they would look into it. After a week, I was told that they would be unable to refund the difference.
How can a company as large as BRP treat their customers so unfair? Every other reputable business I have dealt with in the past have had a 30 day price guarantee for large ticket items. Needless to say, I am not only disappointed, but will never purchase anything from them going forward. The greed of this company is undeniable! I spent over $32,000 the day I bought my Spyder, and they can’t refund $415.00 back to me? Beware everyone….this speaks volumes about how you will be treated a customer after you purchase anything from them.
had like experiences but at a lower cost than you had with your top case. Busted out one of the front fender lenses and one of the rear turn signal lenses. Instead of maybe $10 for this plastic lense, they have you buy the lens, socket wiring and in case of rear also the stalk for $50 each. Again shows the attitude of Brp to over price for anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts