Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks, we have talked with members of BRP and we know they read our forums. We do not have a promise that they will participate (ie. reply), but we thought that we would add a forum where you can voice your comments to BRP.

Things you like, things you don't like...things you would like to see on future products, etc.

If there is a burning topic, Can-AmTalk may even be able to reach out to BRP on behalf of the site members.

Thanks,

Marc

·
Registered
19 Posts
One thing that I have notice with the Outlanders is the fact that they have engine braking while in reverse, this causes a problem when backing out of a truck with ramps, especially on the single seat Outlander, when you let off the gas the engine breaking starts and you can end up on the ground with the atv about to land on you, I know because this happened to me this last weekend, good thing nothing was broken. I think that it should free wheel when you let off the gas in reverse so you can coast off of the truck instead of being under power. This could be a problem if you get stuck on a steep hill and need to back down, you could easily flip the machine, unless you put it in nuetral. Another thing I dont like is the fact that when you use the front brake, it will also apply the back brakes a little bit, this could also cause problems backing down a steep hill or incline. I think the front brakes should only work the fronts only, not both front and rear.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
One thing that I have notice with the Outlanders is the fact that they have engine braking while in reverse, this causes a problem when backing out of a truck with ramps, especially on the single seat Outlander, when you let off the gas the engine breaking starts and you can end up on the ground with the atv about to land on you, I know because this happened to me this last weekend, good thing nothing was broken. I think that it should free wheel when you let off the gas in reverse so you can coast off of the truck instead of being under power. This could be a problem if you get stuck on a steep hill and need to back down, you could easily flip the machine, unless you put it in nuetral. Another thing I dont like is the fact that when you use the front brake, it will also apply the back brakes a little bit, this could also cause problems backing down a steep hill or incline. I think the front brakes should only work the fronts only, not both front and rear.
Welcome to the site.

You bring up a great point about the reverse issue with the engine brake, I have never noticed it in reverse, but I do not have to back down ramps so I propably would never notice it.

There is talk of some one having a kit that does seperate the brakes, so the hand lever controls the front and the foot the rears, when I find out more I will post more on it in the tech forum.

Wolf ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Havin the engine brake is reverse is very dangerous. My ramps are almost straight up and down when i unload my Renegade out of the back of my Duramax. It was pretty scary the 1st few timez i backed it out, now its not so bad.

Also the 1 brake lever kinda sucks, esp when backin out of the truck. Also if you cant make a hill and have to back down.

NE1 out there for BRP listening?

thx

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mabey you guys should post things about up-comming models on your website.

Other than that I think you make a wikked product (s)!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the site.

You bring up a great point about the reverse issue with the engine brake, I have never noticed it in reverse, but I do not have to back down ramps so I propably would never notice it.

There is talk of some one having a kit that does seperate the brakes, so the hand lever controls the front and the foot the rears, when I find out more I will post more on it in the tech forum.

Wolf ;)
I herd Mike Penland is selling one. I cant find it.The tech at the dealer talked to him at one of the shows

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have they changed anything to prevent the camo fenders from beeing so brittle, cracked my second set today.Have to call the dealler tomorrow and hope he will waranty it again.Rear one cracked today with out leaveing a mark on the fender protecter

35 Posts
$12 699 plus tax and only six months warranty on a renegade. only people you hurt with that is your dealers. i have no need to go to my local dealership to spend money on servicing and parts cause it s not like you can void my warranty i don't have. and your lack of accesories is disgusting. announce a bike last summer, release at christmas time, no accessories till april and the rest not till august or later. so far made my own skid plates, and in the process of making a removeable cooler rack for the back as well as a winch plate/ bush bumper. can am really sh$#@ the bed on this one. if your machines aren't good enough for a year warranty then fix them. it's insulting that outlanders get more warranty and are basically the same chasis. or special offers that don't include the renegades. thanks for screwin us again can am. just breading the brand loyalty.

your lucky that machine puts a sh$#@ eating grin on my face everyday on the ride to work and home.

·
Registered
442 Posts
$12 699 plus tax and only six months warranty on a renegade. only people you hurt with that is your dealers. i have no need to go to my local dealership to spend money on servicing and parts cause it s not like you can void my warranty i don't have. and your lack of accesories is disgusting. announce a bike last summer, release at christmas time, no accessories till april and the rest not till august or later. so far made my own skid plates, and in the process of making a removeable cooler rack for the back as well as a winch plate/ bush bumper. can am really sh$#@ the bed on this one. if your machines aren't good enough for a year warranty then fix them. it's insulting that outlanders get more warranty and are basically the same chasis. or special offers that don't include the renegades. thanks for screwin us again can am. just breading the brand loyalty.
your lucky that machine puts a sh$#@ eating grin on my face everyday on the ride to work and home.
Agree 100%!!!! This ATV was release about a yr ago now to the public. I had a deposit on it end of Sept and didnt receive my Renegade til end of Feb. Im In the mist of making a winch btw.

But everytime i see/ride the Renegade it was worth the hassle. Friends cant stop slobbering over it.lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
We were very seriously considering a 650 Max XT but we have been extremely dissapointed with the overall quality and reliability of the entire Outlander product line. I don't know if it's the transfer of manufacturing operations from Canada to Mexico or what, but if you want top-of-the-line prices for your products, you better deliver best in class quality, reliability, and performance.

The performance is there, but if we have to tow another Can Am back to the trailhead, I think we are going to start charging for it. It's a sad day when a sport quad has to tow a ute back to camp.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We were very seriously considering a 650 Max XT but we have been extremely dissapointed with the overall quality and reliability of the entire Outlander product line. I don't know if it's the transfer of manufacturing operations from Canada to Mexico or what, but if you want top-of-the-line prices for your products, you better deliver best in class quality, reliability, and performance.

The performance is there, but if we have to tow another Can Am back to the trailhead, I think we are going to start charging for it. It's a sad day when a sport quad has to tow a ute back to camp.
Question , what seams to be the common failure if any one thing.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Best I can tell is all the failures are electrical. Quad runs one minute, then is stone dead the next.
Not to say that there is NOT some issues with the line up ( same as all the other manufactures have some issues) most of the electrical problems since the 2004 400 seems to be in the PDI performed by some dealers, in that they are NOT checking everything like the battery cables at the battery, and that is the start of the problems electrically anyway.
Just my 2cents on it, I own 5 BRP atvs, and only have had 1 electrical problem and it was on the 2004 400 Outy, 100% warranty . I have had other issues with them such as the infamous water leaking in the back of the CVT but there is a fix from BRP ( Can- am) for that now , so it is all good.

Wolf

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks for the replies,the reason I asked is my new 650xt with 4.5 hours went down with a failed voltage regulater. dealer was most helpful and replaced it 100% warranty.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts