Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very new member, but long time consumer and racer of limited built brp products. since
1993 i have raced x sled from brp. they where offered in limited numbers to select dealers.
the following year very similar products released in full production to any consumer. these
units like there limited sno cross sleds were test beds for new tech. with little or no warrenty
worries. low production numbers will result in low warrenty cost for brp. i put my money down
in june at syracuse show. still have not seen mine. snow forcasted for next 3 days. i am certainly
dissapointed, and feel for everyone that i have read there postings. i do feel strongly the
product will be spot on. i will see no riding time on mine this year. wondering if i should of
waited for what will be a slightly improved model in spring.

·
Registered
307 Posts
very new member, but long time consumer and racer of limited built brp products. since
1993 i have raced x sled from brp. they where offered in limited numbers to select dealers.
the following year very similar products released in full production to any consumer. these
units like there limited sno cross sleds were test beds for new tech. with little or no warrenty
worries. low production numbers will result in low warrenty cost for brp. i put my money down
in june at syracuse show. still have not seen mine. snow forcasted for next 3 days. i am certainly
dissapointed, and feel for everyone that i have read there postings. i do feel strongly the
product will be spot on. i will see no riding time on mine this year. wondering if i should of
waited for what will be a slightly improved model in spring.
snow,, 3 days,,, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,,,,,, oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that stuff is heading this way!!! Friday!!!!!!! for the boston area aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggg

well, the first snow fall will Guarentee that my spyder will arrive in the middle of any storm that shows the potential for snow!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put my money down in March and I was told today by my dealer that they are now going to keep the number three Spyder as their demo unit. So much for what they have been telling me all along that Mine would be in any day and that I would for sure get one as I was number three on their list. Now I am being told that they do not know when I will get one. I live in the south where I can ride pretty much all year and now I have to wait until next year some time. So much for BRP taking care of their early deposit customers.
What happened to delivery of 600 Spyders by October to the early deposit customers? My dealer said that they were not going to keep one for a demo, now they tell me that Bombardier is only giving them MSO's for two and that the third has to be kept as a demo. Who can you believe. I have never heard of Bombardir telling you that you have to have a demo. As a Ski-Doo dealer we chose which units we wanted as demo's and we did not have to have a demo. Now I am being told that Bombardier is not giving them the paper work to deliver the third unit to a customer? I find this very hard to believe. Customers that have put deposits down should come before demo units. After you have delivered to your paying customers then you can keep demo's. I have heard rumors that Harley Davidson has a unit very similiar to the Spyder and I am now considering checking into getting a Harley instead.

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
I put my money down in March and I was told today by my dealer that they are now going to keep the number three Spyder as their demo unit. So much for what they have been telling me all along that Mine would be in any day and that I would for sure get one as I was number three on their list. Now I am being told that they do not know when I will get one. I live in the south where I can ride pretty much all year and now I have to wait until next year some time. So much for BRP taking care of their early deposit customers.
What happened to delivery of 600 Spyders by October to the early deposit customers? My dealer said that they were not going to keep one for a demo, now they tell me that Bombardier is only giving them MSO's for two and that the third has to be kept as a demo. Who can you believe. I have never heard of Bombardir telling you that you have to have a demo. As a Ski-Doo dealer we chose which units we wanted as demo's and we did not have to have a demo. Now I am being told that Bombardier is not giving them the paper work to deliver the third unit to a customer? I find this very hard to believe. Customers that have put deposits down should come before demo units. After you have delivered to your paying customers then you can keep demo's. I have heard rumors that Harley Davidson has a unit very similiar to the Spyder and I am now considering checking into getting a Harley instead.
March 08 is the next shipment. BRP said "according to dealer allocation" ends up they really ment BRP allocation. Give to who we want no matter when you ordered because of the way they delivered. Dealers skewed allocations by placing orders without customers and that is why people with April order dates got Spyders before March and even February. That is what it looks like to me for what that is worth.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
As for the rumors of the HD unit, they did apply for a patent on the two-wheel front design, and was trying to work a deal with Lehman. Last I heard there has been little progress, so the HD unit is not in design stages as of yet from what I have heard.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
snow,, 3 days,,, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,,,,,, oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that stuff is heading this way!!! Friday!!!!!!! for the boston area aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggg

well, the first snow fall will Guarentee that my spyder will arrive in the middle of any storm that shows the potential for snow!!
We had our first snow this morning. Of course it didn't stick and it was the wet stuff mixed with rain, but it was definitely the white stuff. For a few moments it was snowing pretty hard too, but it didn't last too long. Of course this is only the beginning. I remember last year on Thanksgiving we had full snow cover. I guess I am glad we are waiting until March or even May by the sounds of things for our Spyders.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
As for the rumors of the HD unit, they did apply for a patent on the two-wheel front design, and was trying to work a deal with Lehman. Last I heard there has been little progress, so the HD unit is not in design stages as of yet from what I have heard.
Yes, I believe that could be a long wait til production begins...if it does.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
more info...

June 16, 2007 We've always been excited about the prospects for three wheeled conveyances. Way back in September 2006, (which seems like ancient history in internet years), Lehman Trikes and Harley-Davidson announced that they had entered into an agreement for the development of three-wheeled machines based on Harley "motorcycle product" and sold as Harley-Davidson branded vehicles through authorized Harley-Davidson dealers. Given that Lehman has been making a range of turnkey Harley trikes, conversion kits and accessories for 20 years, with two wheels at the back and a motorcycle front-end, the announcement didn't get a lot of attention. A recent patent filing by Harley makes the whole story suddenly much more exciting. It appears that Harley isn't far from releasing a stunning new "carving" model based on similar existing machines as the Piaggio MP3, Electric Vectrix, Brudelli Leanster and Mercedes-Benz F 300 Life-Jet and previously published concepts such as Heikki Naulapaa's Aprilia Magnet, Dimitrios Scoutas' Skipee and Tommy Forsgren's Hermes - three wheeled vehicles with the power-to-weight ratio of an elite sports car and the cornering dynamics of a motorcycle.

Though the companies have not announced the timing of the product introduction, the accompanying drawings from Harley's patent application show a machine certain to broaden Harley's market into citizen territory without alienating its enthusiast and one percenter clientele.

Perhaps with this new platform, we'll get to see Erik Buell work with the V-ROD motor at last and indeed, what a sporting carver might do when focused on sporting endeavours.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You know we might have hurricanes, floods, fires, and alot of blue hairs clogging up our highways, but one thing is for sure. WE HAVE OUR SPYDERS IN FLORIDA and its GREAT riding weather!

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
You know we might have hurricanes, floods, fires, and alot of blue hairs clogging up our highways, but one thing is for sure. WE HAVE OUR SPYDERS IN FLORIDA and its GREAT riding weather!
Still makes non, absolutely, zero
sense that BRp delivered to Florida and California First. If they would have delivered up north and Canada, their own Freaking country first, we would have had time to break them in, dealers would have gotten income from first serviceing. Customers would not be whining quite so much and you would be just fine down there making the same statement, somewhat calmly waiting because you know you can ride, dealers can service. One big mistake and or very poor decision on BRPs part and caused unnecessary poor customer service that could have easily been avoided. May have and could still cost them sales if someone else comes out with a similar product in the next year or so. 'Yamaha No late deliveries Here" " Honda If you Want It we Got it" When you tell some one Fall of 2007, you should specify the very last day of Fall. Really think the dealers in those states skewed things as well. Faking sold units, how else do you get E-bay, units with April and May orders from customers deliveried a month or 2 before people who put money down in Feb and March..

Ride it like it's stolen…..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts