Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New information on The B.E.S.T extended warranty and assistance on the Spyder site Link

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Don't quote me but when I asked my dealer weeks ago about the B.E.S.T program, his comment was if it
was similar to the cost for the plan for a ski, better have a bank loan available. Sill waiting for BRP to give him pricing info, nothing as of yesterday yet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was told 499.00 (12 mnth) 699.00 24 (12 mnth) 999.00 (36 mnth) and that is just the warr. itself. what all it exactly covers they could not tell me. Then there are the service plans......... I don't have all the prices but to do the first 3 it was 699.00 and that was a big discount from what it will cost if I did not buy then in advance. Still no one had any idea what was covererd in the initial warranty. It was all a bit confusing... Hence I'll do my own research.

·
Registered
214 Posts
"factory" warranty seems to be 2 years. Details in the back pages of the owners manual, some normal exclusions for wear items,.... The BEST is just an extended warranty, so i can get a total of 5 years coverage. and if i buy the BEST warranty, it gives me "emergency roadside assistance" for the entire 5 years. So, for 999.00, i'll probably take it. Plus, it'll increase re-sale value, for when i order my 2010 Spyder 1500 "X" package!!!

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
"factory" warranty seems to be 2 years. Details in the back pages of the owners manual, some normal exclusions for wear items,.... The BEST is just an extended warranty, so i can get a total of 5 years coverage. and if i buy the BEST warranty, it gives me "emergency roadside assistance" for the entire 5 years. So, for 999.00, i'll probably take it. Plus, it'll increase re-sale value, for when i order my 2010 Spyder 1500 "X" package!!!
I am thinking along that line, but not selling the original. Try to keep it under 10,000 and buy a new one. Red and white with the touring package. :rolleyes:

·
Ken5517 / Wish Again
1,434 Posts
Can you purchase the extended warranty later or do you have just one shot at it when you purchase the bike?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you sell the bike and have the warranty package, does it transfer to the new owner?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Can you purchase the extended warranty later or do you have just one shot at it when you purchase the bike?
as i understand, as long as the bike is still under the original warranty you can purchase the extended warranty.

·
Registered
146 Posts
as i understand, as long as the bike is still under the original warranty you can purchase the extended warranty.
Most extended warrenties can be transfered but you have to show proof of servicing. If you change the oil yourself and can't prove it, your screwed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Has anyone purchased the best or best plus warranty. Trying to get an idea on what dealers are charging out there. I know there is usually alot of margin on BRP's extended warranties.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone purchased the best or best plus warranty. Trying to get an idea on what dealers are charging out there. I know there is usually alot of margin on BRP's extended warranties.
I puchased a deal they had going on when I bought the Spyder that was actually an oops on the price but hadn't been changed yet.

Any way, I got an additional 4 years, (6 total) for an extra $895.00

Got this from the Rancho Cordova deal in Sacrameto 6 weeks ago. I'm sure the price has been updated by I should still be available, (the 4 years).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rob's is offering just over $1k for the warranty and if you have more than one purchased, it can be lower. All in all with a new item, it completely makes sense. We will be adding to the two we pick up on Saturday.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i paid $1090 for the 3 yr extension. the plus didn't seem worth it to me. it limits you to a certain amount of maintanance per year. if you rack up the miles, you are going to have to pay for the extra service you will need anyway (oil changes, etc.).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't quote me but when I asked my dealer weeks ago about the B.E.S.T program, his comment was if it
was similar to the cost for the plan for a ski, better have a bank loan available. Sill waiting for BRP to give him pricing info, nothing as of yesterday yet. :rolleyes:
If it the same as the ski-doo dealer sell the sled B.E.S.T A LIST PRICE for 3 years at 1050.00 but his cost is 550.00 for the full 3 years on the ski-doo. 550.00 is what i paid on my 08 XPX800R.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts