Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Be careful with the "M" button on the dash. If you press the button too hard it will get stuck in the recess and will not allow your Spyder to start. If this happens pry the button out of the recess with your finger nail. Just thought I would pass this on as this problem kept me up all night trying to figure out why my Spyder would not start.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Be careful with the "m" button on the dash. If you press the button too hard it will get stuck in the recess and will not allow to Spyder to start. If this happens pry the button out of the recess with your finger nail. Just thought I would pass this on as this problem kept me up all night trying to figure out why my Spyder would not start.
I posted this in another post but will repeat it here in case it is missed. Put a small amount of silicone lubricant on the M button, should solve futher issues with it sticking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ran around the 20 minute road course in Ranco Cordova, (Sacramento) on 4 different bikes.
I was going through everything I could get my hands on while riding it for 20 minutes.

Any way, the "M" button only did anything on 1 of them.
The Mode switch on the handle bar only worked on 2 of them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also have problems with the M button so now I am using the one on the bar. Also, the temp gauge isn't too accurate and I don't know where the sensor is but when it sits outside here in Florida, it can read 102 when it is 78 and it takes a long while to adjust down.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My temp. reading is off too! Me need to find out something on this!
There is a piece of insulation around the sensor and it takes time for the sensor to react, mine is accurate in Ma down to 27 degrees so far, when I take it out of the garage it takes about 10 minutes to go from 45 to 27 degrees. The sensor is not in direct air flow, it's under the right side front panel.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
There is a piece of insulation around the sensor and it takes time for the sensor to react, mine is accurate in Ma down to 27 degrees so far, when I take it out of the garage it takes about 10 minutes to go from 45 to 27 degrees. The sensor is not in direct air flow, it's under the right side front panel.
It will take another 9 mos to read 70 degrees in MA as well...sorry had to say it

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yikes! I think mine was behind the trunk. I will move it to the right side as suggested and see what happens.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi All. The M button on 2333 will work for setting the clock, trip ODO, etc but will not clear the safety Nazi message. I also have to keep pushing the bar mount switch again and again.....and again untill I FINALLY see the current inacurate temperature. Then sometimes the starter will not engage and I have to repeat the drill. A real pain trying to get to 1000 miles and first factory service.

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Hi All. The M button on 2333 will work for setting the clock, trip ODO, etc but will not clear the safety Nazi message. I also have to keep pushing the bar mount switch again and again.....and again untill I FINALLY see the current inacurate temperature. Then sometimes the starter will not engage and I have to repeat the drill. A real pain trying to get to 1000 miles and first factory service.
to Spyder Talk !

From you description you may well have a defective button, but the first service is recommended at 625 miles, not 1,000. Your issue would be under a warranty claim, so you would not be charged for having this checked sooner than the first service. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts