Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been slowly shopping for insurance on my 2006 yamaha grizzly 660 and my 2007 yamaha yz250F and just wondering what companies you folks use and what your cost is and how the company has been for you?? so far the only quote i obtained is through progressive.. i want full coverage on both just in case something happens, also in this policy it covered a $1,000 worth of accessories on each at no cost and it also has a $25,000 coverage on lost wages for me if i am hurt on either of the two insured vehicles... they quoted me at just over $900 for the year, but i think its worth it because i have a lot more than that invested and if someone steals or damages, or sets my shat on fire i will have a little reassurance that im covereed...

thanks in advance for the responses

ben

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
well i have been slowly shopping for insurance on my 2006 yamaha grizzly 660 and my 2007 yamaha yz250F and just wondering what companies you folks use and what your cost is and how the company has been for you?? so far the only quote i obtained is through progressive.. i want full coverage on both just in case something happens, also in this policy it covered a $1,000 worth of accessories on each at no cost and it also has a $25,000 coverage on lost wages for me if i am hurt on either of the two insured vehicles... they quoted me at just over $900 for the year, but i think its worth it because i have a lot more than that invested and if someone steals or damages, or sets my shat on fire i will have a little reassurance that im covereed...

ben
Wow, maybe I am out of touch but that seems high to me. I have Progressive as well, but just basic coverage...and it's like $60.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

ben
I agree with Marc, that is HIGH

I have 5 atv's and 3 sleds insured with simular coverage that you have mentioned ( no collision ) and pay way less then that total, aprox $500 for all 8 toys ( mind you I am in Canada so I do not know what differance that makes)

Wolf

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in PA and just insured my 07 Outtie 650XT. Coverage includes liability to $300K Collision and Comprehensive with a $100 deductible. I used progressive and the cost is $140 / Year.

Gav

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in PA and just insured my 07 Outtie 650XT. Coverage includes liability to $300K Collision and Comprehensive with a $100 deductible. I used progressive and the cost is $140 / Year.

Gav
would it make a difference since im 19 years of age??? thats why im figuring it might not be to unreasonable for a person my age, i dont know, id rather have full coverage on it just in case.. that quote was with $500 deductibles as well...

ben

·
Registered
11 Posts
would it make a difference since im 19 years of age??? thats why im figuring it might not be to unreasonable for a person my age, i dont know, id rather have full coverage on it just in case.. that quote was with $500 deductibles as well...

ben
Your age may have something to do with it. My agent did explain that I was getting a great rate because of age and being married.

Gav

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your age may have something to do with it. My agent did explain that I was getting a great rate because of age and being married.

Gav
yea i think thats what it is... the only other insurance i have had in my name is my 2004 ski doo renegade x 800, and i only put basic on that so it was like 75 bucks... i dont know i could go cheap on the quad and dirt bike but i think im going to go full insurance on it all just to be safe...

ben

·
Registered
240 Posts

ben
I too was quoted a lot of $ from GEICO Ins. I did sign up at the Dealership with GEICo , I changed a month later from paying close what you were with same option you mention I also had my 26 year old son that might take to his home or ride once in a while .I had to take him off an change to me only an my garage only. I dropped to well under 200 a year with Progressive Insurance . I paid the whole year in advanced. They said occasional riders do not have be on the policy. He is Young an less experiance than I also. The older you are an more experi ance can lower your cost also. I canceled my GEICO policy an even got refunded for unused portion which helped towards my Progressive policy for My 07 Outty 4x4 Can Am 400XT

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have State Farm, for the House, Car, Sled and Quad. The Sled and Quad are under the same policy, and it is about $425 a Year for both, 2005 Skidoo Rev 800, and a 2006 Polaris Sporty 500.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Have State Farm, for the House, Car, Sled and Quad. The Sled and Quad are under the same policy, and it is about $425 a Year for both, 2005 Skidoo Rev 800, and a 2006 Polaris Sporty 500.
I did not know you can put two atv on the same policy or is it like you pay 200 for each or is it like 200 for this an 25 or 75 more
for an add on?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im still waiting to get cleared from a back injury before i insure them so im continually shopping around... im sure i could get a lower rate on the two but i want full insurance coverage on both including theft and fire... also the insurance policy i priced out has up to 25 grand in wage reimbursement if i am injured badly and cannot work which is a very good thing to have. also im pretty sure it included paying hospital bills as well, but im not concerned about that since im still a full time college student and get to ride my parents coverage for at least one more semester ;)

ben

·
Registered
34 Posts
$237 per year for my 07 650xt thru Progressive, $198 per year for the 98 wolverine thru State Farm, State Farm is raising all their rates in this area, My 2002 Ram just went to $900 per year, Dropped them and went to Erie for $588 per year. Oh, yeah State Farm wanted $650 per year for the 650 xt, and I am 39 years old with no tickets or claims other than 1 tow on my 98 Dakota 3 years ago. Good bye State Farm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
373 a year for both of mine, the 07 renegade and the 07 DS250. $100 detuctibles on both and full collision and theft, oh and that includes $2500 for my trailer on there. im 25 and shes 26 but i couldn't even come close anywhere else, we even ended up moving our car and truck there. guess i should say its progressive very happy with my rates on everything!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
373 a year for both of mine, the 07 renegade and the 07 DS250. $100 detuctibles on both and full collision and theft, oh and that includes $2500 for my trailer on there. im 25 and shes 26 but i couldn't even come close anywhere else, we even ended up moving our car and truck there. guess i should say its progressive very happy with my rates on everything!!!
What INS. Company???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts