Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from NJ that ordered a Spyder? I ordered mine from Motorcycle Mall and currently awaiting word. However it will be the last thing I buy from them as I heard better things about Ledgewood Kawasaki. So just wondering if there are anyone who has information cause my dealer is useless

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes I ordered my Spyder form Motorcycle Mall 11-24-07 They said to expect delivery in March 08. Am I
being too optimistic ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
We at Ledgewood are currently working closely with Can-am and our sales reps to get a better idea of exactly which customers Spyders are comming in and when. We went by a very strict list based on date of deposit from our customers and will adhere to that list for the fairness of all customers. At this time however, I can tell you this...........
Spyder is currently telling us that they expect shipment of the largest portion of our almost 40 + units presold by us in March. Im sure MM is the same.
We have made a very serious request(that we believe they are addressing) to have units shipped sooner..........instead of dumping almost 40 pieces in March as each takes careful prep and test drive time and we are also interested in spending the appropriate time with each Spyder customer during the delivery process. I can keep you informed as to what their answer is but at this time, we have not received one back from the Factory. As we do get information regarding delivery times/dates, we will be notifying our customers individually. Also, please be aware that Spyder has changed some delivery info from what we were originally told, and we inform our customers of those changes as they occur.

This is such a new and exciting product that glitches are bound to happen.........be patient as I can assure you the wait is worth the ride of the Spyder!!!!!!!!! Just stay in touch with MM and Im sure they'll guide you as to when your new Spyder will be shipped.

Noelle
Ledgewood PS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone from NJ that ordered a Spyder? I ordered mine from Motorcycle Mall and currently awaiting word. However it will be the last thing I buy from them as I heard better things about Ledgewood Kawasaki. So just wondering if there are anyone who has information cause my dealer is useless
Hey Guys,
Just heard back from BRP factory, and they say no Spyders would be delivered to dealers until March of 2008.

This comes directly in an email from Claude Joncas, Director of Dealer Development, Spyder.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Guys,
Just heard back from BRP factory, and they say no Spyders would be delivered to dealers until March of 2008.

This comes directly in an email from Claude Joncas, Director of Dealer Development, Spyder.
Hope that helps!
I can't thank you enough for this update it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
In responce to Any Spyders in NJ,,, Well today Sat, my wife and I are picking up our new SE5 in Red at Ledgewood Powersports,,,we ourfitted the machine with most of the options and its set up for touring, which we did on our Goldwing, which is in my shop now being transformed into a cafe racer, by me and my crew. The Spyder is the replacement for our touring and general motorcyling. We are in Bergen County,,, mike jacobs,,,[email protected]

·
Registered
180 Posts
In responce to Any Spyders in NJ,,, Well today Sat, my wife and I are picking up our new SE5 in Red at Ledgewood Powersports,,,we ourfitted the machine with most of the options and its set up for touring, which we did on our Goldwing, which is in my shop now being transformed into a cafe racer, by me and my crew. The Spyder is the replacement for our touring and general motorcyling. We are in Bergen County,,, mike jacobs,,,[email protected]
Welcome, Mike....

There isn't much activity (sadly) on the NJ forum though there is PLENTY on the main forum. I got my yellow SM5 at Ledgewood almost two years ago. I ordered it in July and got it the following April. I've ridden it to Canada for the Homecoming last year, to rides in Central NY state and to Gatlinburg last year and I will be there this year. Take the opportunity to go to Gatlinburg if you can; we had wonderful rides last year with great food and outstanding fellowship.

If you get down this way -- I live outside of Atlantic City -- let me know and we'll ride together.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

ken tompkins

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome, Mike....

There isn't much activity (sadly) on the NJ forum though there is PLENTY on the main forum. I got my yellow SM5 at Ledgewood almost two years ago. I ordered it in July and got it the following April. I've ridden it to Canada for the Homecoming last year, to rides in Central NY state and to Gatlinburg last year and I will be there this year. Take the opportunity to go to Gatlinburg if you can; we had wonderful rides last year with great food and outstanding fellowship.

If you get down this way -- I live outside of Atlantic City -- let me know and we'll ride together.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

ken tompkins

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello Mike, I am in North Bergen, I got my spydie from Motorcycle Mall and now go to ledgewood for all my service they are really great down there even I have to ride an hour and half to get to them it's worth the time. I know of 4 other spyders in my area but most never respond to any of my email trying to get a ride together. There is one other spyder that lives only 5 blocks from me and we get together all the time for rides, but mostly I ride alone and it's no problem for me. I got my spydie 4 months ago and been working on it ever since doing some upgrades (list too long), where exactly are you, most Friday and Saturday nights (weather being good) we are at the starbucks in Edgewater Commons from about 10pm till in the am and from time to time I go to some of the car/bike cruise around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Mike, I am in North Bergen, I got my spydie from Motorcycle Mall and now go to ledgewood for all my service they are really great down there even I have to ride an hour and half to get to them it's worth the time. I know of 4 other spyders in my area but most never respond to any of my email trying to get a ride together. There is one other spyder that lives only 5 blocks from me and we get together all the time for rides, but mostly I ride alone and it's no problem for me. I got my spydie 4 months ago and been working on it ever since doing some upgrades (list too long), where exactly are you, most Friday and Saturday nights (weather being good) we are at the starbucks in Edgewater Commons from about 10pm till in the am and from time to time I go to some of the car/bike cruise around.
We are located in elmwood park new jersey ,We usually do not stay out all that late so I guess Starbucks is not an option, but we do some car shows, if you see a red 1927 Bugatti Special sportscar roadster at a show, it will be me. we sometimes go to the Whiskey Cafe, in Lyndhurst, on a Sat, early evening. mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
We are located in elmwood park new jersey ,We usually do not stay out all that late so I guess Starbucks is not an option, but we do some car shows, if you see a red 1927 Bugatti Special sportscar roadster at a show, it will be me. we sometimes go to the Whiskey Cafe, in Lyndhurst, on a Sat, early evening. mike
If I am in town and weather is good I am always at Whiskey Cafe as well, most times I bring my SSR but of late I have been bringing the Spyder as it is the new toy for now. If weather is good this Saturday I will be there with Spyder, I do not park where all the other bikes are I am at the other end. I was not there this past Saturday as I am attending the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance in CA.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hey all , i have 2 spyders rts and a gs mantoloking nj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adding to the Jersey group..
Just bought one from DE, picking up as soon as I can get a ride there..
2010 Silver RS SM5
Anybody know a good detail artist in south Jersey? I wont be able to stand this thing in plain silver for long..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts