Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jest wanted to see if anyone had heard of any yet?
No word yet, but I'll check later today. I had a fantasy that the truck would stop here on the way back from Florida, cause we're the next farthest south of the "chosen" states! I'm #2 on my dealer's list and his first allocation (Oct - Dec) is four (three silver and a Yellow).
I live in southwest Virginia and my dealer is Swampfox Motorsports in Bluefield.
Any word from the Richmond folks?

Pierce

·
Registered
488 Posts
No word yet, but I'll check later today. I had a fantasy that the truck would stop here on the way back from Florida, cause we're the next farthest south of the "chosen" states! I'm #2 on my dealer's list and his first allocation (Oct - Dec) is four (three silver and a Yellow).
I live in southwest Virginia and my dealer is Swampfox Motorsports in Bluefield.
Any word from the Richmond folks?

Pierce
Although I'm from Statesville, NC, I purchased mine from Honda House in Colonial Heights, VA. I'm on a sales trip and in a motel near Midlothian as I speak. Just got back from my dealer (their new location on Hull Street, Hwy 360) and they still have no idea. They heard that they have been delayed at the border due to customs. I told them that that is a very old story.

I did get my "Spyder" fix however. Took a one-hour ride up toward Amelia. Found some great side roads and turned it loose. If you ever have any thoughts about giving up and cancelling your order, somehow, someway, .... get yourself another demo ride and you will forget all about doing that! It has been about 3-1/2 months since I've had a chance to ride it and had forgotten what fantastic fun it is. I'm good for another 3-1/2 months ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although I'm from Statesville, NC, I purchased mine from Honda House in Colonial Heights, VA. I'm on a sales trip and in a motel near Midlothian as I speak. Just got back from my dealer (their new location on Hull Street, Hwy 360) and they still have no idea. They heard that they have been delayed at the border due to customs. I told them that that is a very old story.

I did get my "Spyder" fix however. Took a one-hour ride up toward Amelia. Found some great side roads and turned it loose. If you ever have any thoughts about giving up and cancelling your order, somehow, someway, .... get yourself another demo ride and you will forget all about doing that! It has been about 3-1/2 months since I've had a chance to ride it and had forgotten what fantastic fun it is. I'm good for another 3-1/2 months ..
Me too! I got to ride one at my dealer's for a whole day and loved it even more than I did at my demo ride (at Honda House in Colonial Heights , ironically)! Better riding in my part of Virginia, too. :rolleyes:
Pierce

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm getting one from Honda House of Richmond, I don't know what number I am but I went to San Diego back in Feb. with the Honda House boyz and I put one on ordered as soon as they called me for the order so I should be 1-4 that was on the trip for the unveiling... I may have to back out of the deal though because my wife may be getting layed off at work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got back from my dealer in Woodbridge, VA. They still have no idea when they will be here. They where saying that the Spyder was suppose to be here last week.

Just got back from my dealer in Woodbridge, VA. They still have no idea when they will be here. They where saying that the Spyder was suppose to be here last week.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm getting one from Honda House of Richmond, I don't know what number I am but I went to San Diego back in Feb. with the Honda House boyz and I put one on ordered as soon as they called me for the order so I should be 1-4 that was on the trip for the unveiling... I may have to back out of the deal though because my wife may be getting layed off at work.
I met with Doug and he was talking about you today .. I think you are #1. He said ya'll had a good time riding the Blue Ridge a few months ago. Doug was going to let me keep the Spyder overnight and bring it back tomorrow morning but the owner quickly nixed that idea....

I certainly hope everything will be OK with your wife's job !!

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hevnbound I'm from Raeford, N.C but living in California.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hevnbound, he wasn't talking about me......I've never rode with Doug, I know who he is and I've talked with him but that's all.........so I guess I'm 4th!lol I'm a friend of a friend of his. Anyway thanks from my wife and me.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Just got an e-mail from my dealer, a straight shooting, honest guy who is as frustrated as most of us. He said, in part,
"You may have summed it up best when you said rumors and BRP being of no
> help. I have been on the phone repeatedly for three weeks and I have been
> told so many lies that I have to laugh. This however does not answer the
> question at hand, where are they? I apologize for not calling you or
> contacting you before now but I truly do not have any valid information...."

In my reply to him, I said in part:

"Thanks so much for your response! I feel sorry for what you must be going through. I have to say that I simply CANNOT BELIEVE that a major consumer products company like BRP is mishandling this so badly! I have been following "can an talk" (the internet forum), and I can assure you, most of the customers seem to be very angry. They would be much more understanding if BRP would eirher (1) give their dealers some honest and up to date information, or (2) explain the hold-up to the customers who have been misled into believing they would get their Spyders by the end of October, or earlier. It's been my experience that people deal with disappointment accompanied by honest communications way better than they do with silence or lies. BRP must have reasons for not delivering. They should tell us what those reasons are !!"

Pierce

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's been my experience that people deal with disappointment accompanied by honest communications way better than they do with silence or lies.
Pierce
Pierce, you have boiled it down to just a few words!! I agree completely. If BRP would just level with us (or their dealers) that the Spyders have been delayed because .. <fill in the blank> , I could handle it a lot better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pierce, you have boiled it down to just a few words!! I agree completely. If BRP would just level with us (or their dealers) that the Spyders have been delayed because .. <fill in the blank> , I could handle it a lot better.
Called my dealer today to find out what he had heard and he was at a BRP sales meeting yesterday and they
would not give him any dates at all about deliveries. He also checked his BOSSWeb and no information their
either.

He feels the same as we do.

Why BRP public relations dept. on a official BRP website jest tell everyone why the delay on deliveries?

Why keep it a secret? Most people would understand if they would make it public on the problem
instead the rumors that are going around.

He told me he would call when the truck shows up.

Trick or Treat

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok so some of you know im one of the few tools that ordered the electronic transmission. well the more ive been reading and talking to folk that have driven bike-like vehicles with the E tranny the more its looking like a bad option to go with. so i calle dmy dealer today in woodbridge to see if i could change my order (not to get it here any faster , unlikeley that anything i can do on my end would speed BRP up) just in the interest of having a manual . and he tells me that he since i put such a hefty deposit down he ordered 2 in my name in case i changed my mind . which i did! i was blown away by his forethought . so cool . he also told me im number 12 on his list out of (get this) 45 preorders . BRP told him that his dealership has ordered more preorders than any other dealer in the country. and here i was thinking i was on the road less traveled he said that he talked to BRP yesterday and the first allocations shoudl be there next week so if youre number 1 at woodbridge va you may get a call next week to pickup what weve all been waiting for

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok so some of you know im one of the few tools that ordered the electronic transmission. well the more ive been reading and talking to folk that have driven bike-like vehicles with the E tranny the more its looking like a bad option to go with. so i calle dmy dealer today in woodbridge to see if i could change my order (not to get it here any faster , unlikeley that anything i can do on my end would speed BRP up) just in the interest of having a manual . and he tells me that he since i put such a hefty deposit down he ordered 2 in my name in case i changed my mind . which i did! i was blown away by his forethought . so cool . he also told me im number 12 on his list out of (get this) 45 preorders . BRP told him that his dealership has ordered more preorders than any other dealer in the country. and here i was thinking i was on the road less traveled he said that he talked to BRP yesterday and the first allocations shoudl be there next week so if youre number 1 at woodbridge va you may get a call next week to pickup what weve all been waiting for
I hope they get there allocation of 12. That was the number they told me back in May.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Woodbridge Va dealer told me last week he was expecting 4 in the first shipment, which should be here by now, then 10 in December, then 30 in January.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Woodbridge Va dealer told me last week he was expecting 4 in the first shipment, which should be here by now, then 10 in December, then 30 in January.
Up Date-
Dealer called today,said they have left factory and his is fifth stop on his list.

So any other Virginia members call your dealer they should be here very soon.

Finally something to smile about.

NEXUS

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Up Date-
Dealer called today,said they have left factory and his is fifth stop on his list.

So any other Virginia members call your dealer they should be here very soon.

Finally something to smile about.

NEXUS
Not unless your are
partial to one color or the other, many sad faces out there..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Can it be that NEXUS is the only one in Virginia to take delivery? It's hard to believe that only Warsaw received a Spyder and the truck didn't make it down to Fredereicksburg or the Richmond area!?! ZNOLO reported that the Woodbridge dealer was expecting four?

Please post up if you have received your Spyder or, have been notified that your Spyder is in/due soon?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts