Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Just wondering if any of the Cali folks took delivery or had any updates.
You are next after Florida. Does not make any
as to why they are delivering to states that can ride all year and us up north will not see them until the snow flies. Will be great sitting on warrenty for 6 months of no use. That is from the shipping group at BRP Florida and California first. Mid November for Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You are next after Florida. Does not make any
as to why they are delivering to states that can ride all year and us up north will not see them until the snow flies. Will be great sitting on warrenty for 6 months of no use. That is from the shipping group at BRP Florida and California first. Mid November for Minnesota.
Stop beating that poor horse.
CA wont be til late Nov.
You guys are looking for logic out of this...there is none.
GO PACKERS

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
I'm not looking for logic. I am looking for my Spyder.
Give me Spyder.
It is confirmed we can stop looking for logic
all along BRP was and is still saying "according to the their allocation" " first come first serve" #211 orderd in April received last Saturday. Many ordered in Feb and March and have no word, maybe mid November 20..? I personally have changed my own delivery date to July 2008. I will pleasantly there for be surprise when it shows up in August. Just in time for Gatlinburg. So for now, just sit back and watch the show

·
SpyderRyders
3,463 Posts
Give me Spyder.
It is confirmed we can stop looking for logic
all along BRP was and is still saying "according to the their allocation" " first come first serve" #211 orderd in April received last Saturday. Many ordered in Feb and March and have no word, maybe mid November 20..? I personally have changed my own delivery date to July 2008. I will pleasantly there for be surprise when it shows up in August. Just in time for Gatlinburg. So for now, just sit back and watch the show
My date is 6/18/2008, my birthday, will be 58 and after having a second heart attack this past February.......... life is to short to stress about an early Spyder delivery date.

Also just finishing up on the exterior painting of the Spyder garage this week, interior is all finished just in case Spydie arrives early. Building of the garage was a summer project and was on hold during the 100 degree weather.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
My date is 6/18/2008, my birthday, will be 58 and after having a second heart attack this past February.......... life is to short to stress about an early Spyder delivery date.

Also just finishing up on the exterior painting of the Spyder garage this week, interior is all finished just in case Spydie arrives early. Building of the garage was a summer project and was on hold during the 100 degree weather.
My order date is May 9th...I am told late Nov...early spring would be disheartening

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
Bitten,

Where did you hear that? Some have said Cali will be late Nov.
Being "one of the whiners" up north, my very attentive and gracious dealer, aware of the ever shortening season put his foot down with them and they coughed up the info. It is consistent with what is transpiring with those posting "I'm riding" allocations at the dealer, etc. Late November could be if you are down the list on dealer allocations unit 4, 5.. Apparently more than 600 were made as well. Perhaps for demos, VIP units.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Being "one of the whiners" up north, my very attentive and gracious dealer, aware of the ever shortening season put his foot down with them and they coughed up the info. It is consistent with what is transpiring with those posting "I'm riding" allocations at the dealer, etc. Late November could be if you are down the list on dealer allocations unit 4, 5.. Apparently more than 600 were made as well. Perhaps for demos, VIP units.
Thanks, I'm #1 on the list so hopefully this week

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
For what it may be worth, my dealer (Modesto,CA) received a fax from BRP on Friday afternoon stating
Spyders were en-route. So with luck, should arrive soon. :rolleyes:
There it is, the FAX, the Spyder. Too bad we can't follow up with Arizona owners next week and keep rolling them out. I have not seen any Arizonians posting.
hers to

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well, I just spoke with my dealership in Southern California again, and they were first told mid-October for their first delivery of Spyders. Now, they have no idea when that first shipment is going to arrive. While I am darned excited to see MY Spyder, I'm being a little more patient than most and willing to wait it out.

Food for thought: The sales rep mentioned that Can-Am had a huge promo at the dealership and brought 16 Spyders in a big truck - all like new - and when it was over, they packed them all up and took them back with them. Could it be possible that the bulk of the first 600 are going to be demo units transported around the country? As strange as it sounds, it sures seems like it.

I'd be willing to hazard a guess that there will be a few VIP's and BRP execs that get one of the first units (along with Jay Leno), and the rest will be paraded around North America to drum up further interest. The rest of us that put in a deposit will get ours after they have enough demo units floating around the continent. How many is that? I have no idea...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well, I just spoke with my dealership in Southern California again, and they were first told mid-October for their first delivery of Spyders. Now, they have no idea when that first shipment is going to arrive. While I am darned excited to see MY Spyder, I'm being a little more patient than most and willing to wait it out.

Food for thought: The sales rep mentioned that Can-Am had a huge promo at the dealership and brought 16 Spyders in a big truck - all like new - and when it was over, they packed them all up and took them back with them. Could it be possible that the bulk of the first 600 are going to be demo units transported around the country? As strange as it sounds, it sures seems like it.

I'd be willing to hazard a guess that there will be a few VIP's and BRP execs that get one of the first units (along with Jay Leno), and the rest will be paraded around North America to drum up further interest. The rest of us that put in a deposit will get ours after they have enough demo units floating around the continent. How many is that? I have no idea...
What dealer in SO CA are you working with?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
There it is, the FAX, the Spyder. Too bad we can't follow up with Arizona owners next week and keep rolling them out. I have not seen any Arizonians posting.
hers to
bitten which dealer did you get yours at

·
Inadvance Member
1,744 Posts
WELL IT'S HERE dealer called said could pickup early friday

so some are be delivered in cen ca..
Well it appears the state by state play has some merit. SWEET, let us know the first CALI number. Florida was in the mid to upper 200's.
You'll be riding, you'll be riding....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts