Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is another Spyder on Ebay which I am sure will be gone soon. The seller has a copy of his buyers order on the listing showing he ordered it on 5/09/2007 and order number 1110. I know the number has nothing to do with the vin and who knows maybe the Spyder isn't as popular in Palm Beach Florida (not) and he is one of the first allocation bikes from the dealer. I guess that might be the answer on how his dealer would tell him that he will be getting delivery in mid October. He lists
I spoke with the distributor (Palm Beach Cycles) on 9/23/07 and I was informed that the Spyders should be delivered mid October.
. And to top it off he has two on order
I have two Spyders on order, at the present time I am only selling one. But, I might consider selling the second one. Please contact me to further discuss
. Maybe two for the price of one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-BRP-Ca...sspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this on the web.... Not only is this a violation of eBay rules (it can get you suspended or even banned if you do it repeatedly), but it is also a matter of copyright infringement. In short, you can be sued in civil court for compensation if another seller finds you using his or her image on your auction listing. So don't do it.

and on ebay

eBay members are not allowed to use another eBay user's pictures or descriptions in their listings or About Me pages without the owner's permission.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation
Loss of eBay fees
Limits placed on account privileges
Loss of PowerSeller status
Account suspension
Examples

A seller doesn't know the best way to describe an item. The seller copies a substantial amount of another member's description and pastes it into a listing, without receiving the original writer's permission.
A seller uses someone else's picture and includes it in a listing, since it looks very similar to the item the seller is offering.
Report a member who is using your text or images without your permission.

Note: You must own the rights to the text or images you are reporting for unauthorized use.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Only way to know is to try. Someone on here put your spyder up and just set the reserve at like $40,000 to be sure it doesnt sell (If it does its 40K!). Then come back and let us know why the auction got yanked!

--John

·
Registered
856 Posts
I can tell you from my experience. I was the first one to put a spyder on ebay. It was up to $22,600 and I got a call from my dealer last monday. Explaining that BRP found out who I was and where I ordered it and pressured him to tell me to cancel the auction because they where going to cancel or delay shipment of my spyder. They also threatened the dealer saying that he was involved with my auction even though he didn't even know anything about it. Also he stated that it was against ebay rules to sell an item without having possession of it.

I believe the same has happened to atleast one of the other ones.

Later,

Shawn

·
Registered
61 Posts
I contacted the seller of the last one on e-bay. He was notified by e-bay that he could not offer an item for sale that he did not already have.

That's funny I buy pre-releases of new DVD movies on e-bay all the time.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I think it is very low of you to try to do this....

glad you got busted......
Danimal,

Yeah to bad this world has to many pieces of crap like you.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Well guys.. if it was OKAY to do.... Ebay and BRP wouldn't be having any problems with you doing it.

Once they are in your garage.... you can do what you want.....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ebay shouldn't be able to pull this one, however the dealer who has the deposit isn't required to sell the Spyder to anyone other than the original depositor. Whoever wins this auction will no doubt wind up with a useless slip of paper !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well guys.. if it was OKAY to do.... Ebay and BRP wouldn't be having any problems with you doing it.

Once they are in your garage.... you can do what you want.....
Thanks for permission there...LOL

BRP isn't stupid. They do this stuff to generate market share and demand. Just like the "leaked" pictures of the new XP last year. I'd bet a paycheck BRP leaked them.

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Thanks for permission there...LOL

BRP isn't stupid. They do this stuff to generate market share and demand. Just like the "leaked" pictures of the new XP last year. I'd bet a paycheck BRP leaked them.
....you would lose a paycheck then

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
What is an XP???

I don't know about the guy selling his downpayment....wonder if the dealer will allow this....

I keep checking Ebay as I do a bit of business there... have not seen any actualy bikes listed again.... but I will report them if I do.

It's just not right to list something for sale that you do not yet own.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts