Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of any aftermarket companies with plans for perforance products for the Spyder yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a question to go with this.

What is everybody planning on doing to their Spyder once they get it?

I plan on getting the best after market brake kit that is sold.
If it's already the best braking vehicle on the road, why not make it even better.

Definitlely the exhaust. If not for the sound quality then just to lighten things up.
A smaller dual exhaust would be sweet to. If you look at the back of the Spyder,
they kind of have the shape of the 4-exhaust Augusta. A nice dual exhaust tucked up like that
would look killer.

I would even like to get some after-market body parts made from carbon fiber
for the same reason.
If I could take 50 pounds of the bike, that's 1/14th the weight.
HP to weight ratio goes from about 6.6 lbs/per/hp to 6.1 lbs/per/hp.
It all adds up.

Maybe 60,000 miles from now a company will have a nicely tuned 1300+ V-Twin that fits right in
to swap out that gets 150+ HP.
Yeah baby!!!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I don't see the problem with leaving everything pretty much stock.

People are just used to a hand brake.... I'll bet after a week you won't even notice it's gone.

The main thing I want is a Throttle Lock.......

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would ride it awhile before thinking about aftermarket brake kits. As you alluded to, the braking from the factory is among the best in the world...may allow for aftermarket $ to be spent elsewhere.

A deeper exhaust tone would be my first add-on. I would also want additional storage.

I have a question to go with this.

What is everybody planning on doing to their Spyder once they get it?

I plan on getting the best after market brake kit that is sold.
If it's already the best braking vehicle on the road, why not make it even better.

Definitlely the exhaust. If not for the sound quality then just to lighten things up.
A smaller dual exhaust would be sweet to. If you look at the back of the Spyder,
they kind of have the shape of the 4-exhaust Augusta. A nice dual exhaust tucked up like that
would look killer.

I would even like to get some after-market body parts made from carbon fiber
for the same reason.
If I could take 50 pounds of the bike, that's 1/14th the weight.
HP to weight ratio goes from about 6.6 lbs/per/hp to 6.1 lbs/per/hp.
It all adds up.

Maybe 60,000 miles from now a company will have a nicely tuned 1300+ V-Twin that fits right in
to swap out that gets 150+ HP.
Yeah baby!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone heard of any aftermarket companies with plans for perforance products for the Spyder yet?
I called around about a Trailer Hitch. noone responded but a fellow in New Zeland, He said to "bring it by and they'ed build one. Anyone know of a US sourse ?

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called around about a Trailer Hitch. noone responded but a fellow in New Zeland, He said to "bring it by and they'ed build one. Anyone know of a US sourse ?
Welcome to Can-AmTalk.

Check with Adventure Sports Trailers Click here. They are building Pull-behinds, so they should have information on hitches.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I contacted the "Hitch Doctor" many months ago by e-mail and asked them to consider making a trailer hitch for the SPYDER. I have a real nice chrome with concealed electrical plug on on my Harley. They never responded. I will try again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would ride it awhile before thinking about aftermarket brake kits. As you alluded to, the braking from the factory is among the best in the world...may allow for aftermarket $ to be spent elsewhere.

A deeper exhaust tone would be my first add-on. I would also want additional storage.
painting the callipers yellow, and putting on the spyder brake label, just put the side pads on, 12v will go on this week. neon white underglow system, with a red neon light for each side front inside where the cut outs are near your legs. fog lights, ISO hand grips, except not chrome/black,, Ill go with a yellow/black!

·
Registered
214 Posts
painting the callipers yellow, and putting on the spyder brake label, just put the side pads on, 12v will go on this week. neon white underglow system, with a red neon light for each side front inside where the cut outs are near your legs. fog lights, ISO hand grips, except not chrome/black,, Ill go with a yellow/black!
absoulity nothing! ride it like it was was delivered

·
Registered
169 Posts
Leo_twin.jpg
Liked it when I first saw it DIDO
I do like AWS123 idea for dual exhaust and Marc's deeper exhaust tone for more of a substantial presence.

Also a trailer hitch would be nice if you can find something to hook it to that isn't plastic.

And Danimal throttle lock or some sort of cruise control is also a good idea especially long trips.

I would go for some chrome mirror rims of various styles. I'm already having a taller windshield being made.

And almost forgot heated handgrips and seat which I could use right now.

I have some ideas on some decals but my wife put a 45 to my head and said NO! so I listened.

NEXUS

Attachments

·
tonga
439 Posts
View attachment 1321
I do like AWS123 idea for dual exhaust and Marc's deeper exhaust tone for more of a substantial presence.

Also a trailer hitch would be nice if you can find something to hook it to that isn't plastic.

And Danimal throttle lock or some sort of cruise control is also a good idea especially long trips.

I would go for some chrome mirror rims of various styles. I'm already having a taller windshield being made.

And almost forgot heated handgrips and seat which I could use right now.

I have some ideas on some decals but my wife put a 45 to my head and said NO! so I listened.

NEXUS
Woooow! I love twin Mufflers. Will they build them? I would need to see pictures but I for one would want a set !!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Added the caliper covers and I want to replace the exhaust, but then that's all. But then again you might see me in 6 months and call me a liar.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Added the caliper covers and I want to replace the exhaust, but then that's all. But then again you might see me in 6 months and call me a liar.
You do know that there is a pipe avaiable through BRP. It's made by Hindle and sounds fantastic. It was specifically designed for the Spyder to provide optimum performance. I have heard up to 4 hp. FYI

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ya if you could get it to sound like a Harley would be nice. Does anyone have a sound track of the Hindle?? Would like to hear it. Maybe someone could post it here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
In response to the Can-Am pipe. Watch the video on SpyderRyder.com when they unveiled the Spyder in San Diego on stage. They drove in on stage and if you look closely he has the Can-Am/BRP/Hindle pipe on the Spyder. He revs it up before he shuts it off. I must have rewinded it about 20 times. It sound's great. Check it out.
Venom

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right on, you can check out a video which is in the fYi section on Spyder Ryder site under title "The Spyder Roadster invade San Diego". In this video you hear the accessory pipe while the BRP CEO revs up the engine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
In response to the Can-Am pipe. Watch the video on SpyderRyder.com when they unveiled the Spyder in San Diego on stage. They drove in on stage and if you look closely he has the Can-Am/BRP/Hindle pipe on the Spyder. He revs it up before he shuts it off. I must have rewinded it about 20 times. It sound's great. Check it out.
Venom
i saw that! How can you tell its an aftermarket pipe? It sounds pretty good!

·
Ambassador
177 Posts
Trailer Hitches for Spyder...

Try Bushtec as they told me they were developing a hitch for the Spyder. Since I plan to install one on my Spyder...

www.bushtec.com

Just sayin...

2faston3

1 - 20 of 28 Posts