Can Am Spyder Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also just heard this is what I got but it says thursday........ typo should say WEDNESDAY

Aircraft crashes into NYC building
Unknown whether plane or chopper involved
BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and news services
Updated: less than 1 minute ago
NEW YORK - An aircraft crashed into a high-rise apartment building on Manhattan's Upper East Side in New York City on Thursday, NBC News reported. There were conflicting reports about whether it was an airplane or a chopper.

There were no immediate reports on injuries.

Video from the scene showed at least three buildings in the high-rise engulfed in flames. A column of gray smoke rose over the city, and raging flames could be seen in four windows on two upper floors.

According to local affiliate WNBC, officials said the aircraft was a helicopter, not a plane. That had not been confirmed by any other sources.

The crash occurred near the heliport on the East River, according to MSNBC cable.

Fire Department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said an aircraft struck struck the 20th floor of a building on East 72nd Street. Witnesses said the crash caused a loud noise, and burning and falling debris was seen. Flames were seen shooting out of the windows.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CYA? Its called knee jerk reaction... you think Selfridge is where NYC gets its air support from?
No, but if you turn on CNN and listen and if you knew anything, there are planes patrolling over "cities of interest" that were determined afrter 9/11.

And FYI, during 9/11 planes from Selfridge were scrambled because back then, not many planes here in the 48 were loaded and ready to go at all times.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Relax the FBI has ruled out terrorism. cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i did not think it was terrorist, i was like probally some idiot that was being stupid and flew into the building, then i turned on espn in tech club and they where talking about it and they pitcher i was like jeeze i was right lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.