Check engine, MSS, VSS misc error lights... - Spyder RT General Discussion - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

Photo

Check engine, MSS, VSS misc error lights...

check engine light

No replies to this topic

#1 hershey

hershey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyder RT-5 SM5

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Been fighting this since the first of December...MSS, VSS, DTMS, engine light, limp home mode...comes and goes...basically been in the shop since 12/1....they even sent it to another dealer shop...it seemed to be good, the shop brought it back to me and the first time I started it up, the engine light was back...called the shop, they sent the pickup guy.

That was almost a month ago...I'd been touring the forums looking for answers...there were many..last time back I sent a letter with the bike...seems like a common problem was the instrument cluster...mentioned that..the service tech switched out the cluster and the trouble was still there...for some unknown reason he started looking at the switch cluster on the left side of the handlebar...lo and behold, the problem was there, so they tell me...fiddling with it they could replicate the problem.

Bottom line, the shop had to order a replacement in and it will be late next week before I can expect it to be delivered...oh, and $600 or thereabouts...

Good thing too, I was about ready to park it in the drive with a lemon sign on it...

Spyder RT-5

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users