Fixed bad running 2008 Spyder RS - Spyder RS and GS General Discussion - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

Photo

Fixed bad running 2008 Spyder RS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Harold Knobel

Harold Knobel

• 19 posts
  • Your Ride:2008 Can Am Spyder Roadster rs

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

My Spyder gave trouble from the time I bought it with 11,000 miles. It always pulled good from 3500 with a lot of missing and stumbling at Idle and lower rpm. I took off the Two Bros. exhaust(could not stand the noise) and put a stock exhaust on it.  I took the Two Bros. fuel enrichment system off but it still ran poorly.  I checked all the obvious things like wires, plugs, valve clearances and MAP sensor tubes,  Finally I replaced the fuel injector on the cylinder that seemed to be the problem.  It now runs as near perfectly as I can imagine AND I am so pleased!  I have made a lot of changes to the seating position, moved the foot controls forward, the bars back, and now have a touring stance instead of a crotch rocket.  I am 6'3" so I needed that.

I have been modifying the radiator outlet system to keep heat off my right leg.  I really wish they had placed the radiator at the front but that would be a difficult change.

Happy Harold in South Georgia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users