Heading down the road! What a long strange trip it's been! (In the best way possible) - AZ - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

Photo

Heading down the road! What a long strange trip it's been! (In the best way possible)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srarndt

srarndt

SR Arndt

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Your Ride:#249 in yellow died an untimely death on 5/23/2013 now ryding 2013 ST - S (also in yellow)

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

Yup, I just sold my more recent Spyder and am moving to Denver. (Sniffle!)

For the first time in many years it will be a move without a motorcycle.

Moved to AZ in 2004 from Denver to take advantage of more year round riding (smart!)

Stopped riding my Honda two wheeler after developing balance issues due to Parkinson's disease in 2005 (Major bummer!)

Stumbled across Spyder info on internet (2007) while searching against all odds, I thought, for an affordable trike (dumb luck!)

Searched all over AZ and CA until I found a dealer who did not insist upon marking them up (got lucky again in late 2007!)

December of 2007 flew to CA and picked up my new 2008 Roadster (GS SM5), had a great ride home (notwithstanding the electrical problems leaving me marooned after dark in the San Diego desert area and needing to be towed back to a dealer in SD - New bike models have bugs!)

2008 through 2013 "Rode it like I stole it!" (LOVED IT!) 

Felt a lot flattered and a bit embarrassed by the constant overwhelming attention while on the road (yeah I loved it!) 

Later 2013: Addle-brained 17 year old took it out from under me in a me go straight/ he turned left in front of me in a very full intersection (Totaled my baby!)

Later yet 2013 - got a new baby (also yellow) Spyder ST with automatic and cruise (Totally cool!).Rode that like a mad man too!

December 2015 - doc says no more driving or riding...

I joined this forum in 07? Thanks y'all. It has been fun! Be back soon to see if I have goodies any of you might "need".

Steve

Bisbee, AZ

#2 Saluda

Saluda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, kayaking, motorcycles and pedal biking.
  • Your Ride:2013 STS

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:39 AM

Sorry your riding days are over, hope all the good memories stay with you. Take care.

Never stop questioning. (Happy Spyder owner)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users