clutch problems - Spyder RS and GS General Discussion - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

Photo

clutch problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jcasey

jcasey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:riding motorcycles and my wifes Spyder
  • Your Ride:2013 STS

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

I have a 2013 STS. When we bought it it was hard to get into neutral and reverse. Thought it was us sense we knew nothing about Spyders. Come to find out the clutch system had a leak. Took it to the dealer and they found a bad o-ring. Worked fine. For a while. Got to where you could not get it in neutral or reverse. Checked fluid and was low but not down to the inlet/outlet in the reservoir. Filled it and took it back. Dealer told me that there was no leak and he had had some others that had the problem and Can Am said it was normal to lose fluid and they (the dealer) will not fix. I know a closed system should not lose fluid. It had air in the system and they got it out now it works fine but for how long? Seems to me if the fluid did not get to the bottom of the reservoir it should not have had air. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what fixed it? I am going to ride it and keep an eye on it. Hopefully It doesn't do it again. I am going to call Can Am and see what they have to say but thought I would ask here first for more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users