Now Owned Spyder For A Week - Spyder RS and GS General Discussion - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

Photo

Now Owned Spyder For A Week

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MUSKOKA SPYDER

MUSKOKA SPYDER

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Your Ride:2013 RSS BURNT ORANGE

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

K guys here we go picked up the 2013 RSS a week ago Brand new,i left the dealership and within 10 KMS my Service engine soon light came on I was like here we go again TYPICAL BRP letting the Customer test there products Rather than testing them first before releasing to the public ughhh So I was on my way home and the dealership had closed as I was leaving so going back wasn't an option,i just kept my eye on Temp and made it home No prob for the past week I've been driving it with no probs other than the annoying Check engine light flashing.Today I got the Spyder back to the dealership to hook it up and see what's going on the said it was the knock sensor that tripped Code the reset it and I was on my way not 2 kms later there it comes on again Grrrrr lol they beleive its a faulty sensor and have ordered a new one.So far I love the spyder and look forward to many Trouble free Miles Questions for you guys what is the Difference between the 2012 and 2013 I found a xenon light kit from BRP Cheap but I'm told it won't work with my 2013 is this true? Thanks and look forward to hearing your responses. Tom Knight Huntsville Ontario Canada

#2 Harold Knobel

Harold Knobel

• 19 posts
  • Your Ride:2008 Can Am Spyder Roadster rs

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

Me Too, actually two weeks.  No codes.  Bought it used.  14000 miles on 2008 RS.  Idle is poor but runs strong.  Lots of whine and "gear/belt noise" until I loosened the belt.  Better Now.  One tail light out.  This Spider has Givi hard side cases and top case. Had to do major dismantle of Givi system to replace "ONE" bulb. What totally thoughtless design!  I have had 10 different Motorcycles over a period of 60 years and have never had even one into a dealership for service and I have done everything from major engine overhaul to straightening  front struts.  Advice for the Spyder is to take it to the"Dealer" for everything, even though the dealer probably knows less about mechanics than I do.  I Know, that is not being modest, but I have built and serviced race cars for 40 years, so I have leaned a few things.  I believe the Spyders will take more than average service but they are FUN when they re right.

Harold Knobel 

#3 Stealth11

Stealth11

Trike Designer

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Many and diverse
  • Your Ride:Wheels forward trike conversions - various brands

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:05 PM

Good move on loosening the belt, most people tighten it like an A string 

www.ido-endeavor.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic