Stock Exhaust Remove Baffel - Spyder Tips and Tricks - can-am Spyder Forums - SpyderTalk.com

Photo

Stock Exhaust Remove Baffel

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 golfman

golfman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Riding quads across the dez and riding my spyder across the country. born 1960
  • Your Ride:2008 Yellow Spyder

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could remove the baffel from the stock exhaust. I have a California model.

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:54 AM

if you have a cutting torch or sawzaw
dont do it you will butch up the pipe and it will sound like poo!
mud

#3 Donzo

Donzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Your Ride:Outlander 800, Sabre 1100 and 08 fullmoon SM5 Spyder Roadster

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

I would keep the stock pipe intact - buy one that was designed to be free flow - it is just a matter of time before we will be smogging our bikes here in CA - and you want to be able to put the stock parts back on to do so....

#4 trysicl

trysicl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Your Ride:08 Can Am spyder, Can Am ds650x, yamaha banshee

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

Read this the other day, http://www.motorcycl...-Abandoned.aspx , no motorcycle smog for now so hack it up then throw it away and buy a good pipe, lol.
TRYSICL

#5 golfman

golfman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Riding quads across the dez and riding my spyder across the country. born 1960
  • Your Ride:2008 Yellow Spyder

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

LOL Thanx guys. New pipe it is! hehe

#6 Donzo

Donzo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Your Ride:Outlander 800, Sabre 1100 and 08 fullmoon SM5 Spyder Roadster

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

Read this the other day, http://www.motorcycl...-Abandoned.aspx , no motorcycle smog for now so hack it up then throw it away and buy a good pipe, lol.

Great news! Thanks for sharing this article Trysicl.

#7 eye-spyd

eye-spyd

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyder Cam Am RTS

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi,  hindle vs,  new akarparoic spyder can am after market mufflers.   had a hindle on my other  spyder few years ago, loved it.     traded it in for a newer model and has them install another hindle.  Didn't like the second one as much,  made a lot of noise,  but no nice soft growl and rumble like the first hindle.    So bought a 2012  RTS,  had akaparoic  can am muffler on.   really un happy with it.  only a very soft rumble,  can't hear over engine noise.   Have to get of cycle and place ear near muffler to hear the soft growl.   quite unhappy with it.   Help,   what can I do.   have put 500 miles on new muffler.?????

#8 eye-spyd

eye-spyd

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyder Cam Am RTS

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

correction to above post.   "I have to get of the bike and place ear near the muffler end to hear the soft rumble."

#9 jblundy

jblundy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Your Ride:F3

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

I don't have an answer, but thought I'd add to the question. I had a 2009 RT with an Akrapovic sounded great, nice rumble! I traded the RT for a new 2015 F3. Absolutly love the ride, much more comfortable.

I replaced the stock exhaust on the F3 with an Akrapovic based on first experience..not good..only slightly better than stock exhaust. I've been reading about other exhaust systems. Some indicate removing the catalytic converter. Does anyone have experience with this. Will than harm the engine? Any ideas about modifying the Akrapovic to improve the sound? Looking for suggestions? Thanks

#10 Cobraswinger

Cobraswinger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Can Am Spyder RT

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

I have a 2011 RT and have the two brothers on it.  I like the sound,  more sound than stock by far   but want a little more so I have ordered the Tailgunner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users