#1 killerbee

killerbee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyder SM5 #3459 Full Moon, Spyder SE5 Red

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Has anybody had trouble with there SE 5 not going into reverse, and what could be the problem. I
haven't moved the bike since November since I live in a cold weather state. I started it today and it
wouldn't go into reverse. Thanks in advance.

#2 Director

Director

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Your Ride:2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Has anybody had trouble with there SE 5 not going into reverse, and what could be the problem. I
haven't moved the bike since November since I live in a cold weather state. I started it today and it

Check out this string, which discussed various shifting problems, including reverse, with the SE5:

http://www.spydertal...p...&hl=reverse

Bruce
Bruce Brown
London, Ontario, Canada
Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

#3 Dudley

Dudley

Dudley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Your Ride:2008 CanAm Spyder Red SE5 (11-18-08)

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

I will try a shot in the dark idea. Start and warm up the Spyder to as many bars as possible. Manually move the Spyder until you can put it in 1st gear and drive away. Drive around shifting through the gears. Stop in a parking lot and try to go into reverse again. BRP has a mod fix for the SE5 that dealers will do for you at no charge. I had mine done and the difference is like night and day. Shifting up or down is a lot more responsive and much smoother. No more lurch when gears are automatically downshifted, and manual downshifting is a lot better.
CalSci windshield, BRP riser, Corbin seats, BRP back rest, GIVI V35 hard bags, Ride On tire sealer and micro balancer

#4 hawkiii

hawkiii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:riding solo or with the wife, either way works for me
  • Your Ride:Full Moon 2008 SE5

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Ask your dealer to check the TPS and the GBPS sensors. I was having some minor shifting and reverse problems but after they reset both sensors the Spyder pops in and out of reverse with no effort and have had no more hesitation upshifting.

TPS: Throttle Position Sensor
GBPS: Gear Box Position Sensor

Good luck
Solano County Ryder - Have Spyder, Will Travel

#5 bigman

bigman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Your Ride:can am spyder

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

Ask your dealer to check the TPS and the GBPS sensors. I was having some minor shifting and reverse problems but after they reset both sensors the Spyder pops in and out of reverse with no effort and have had no more hesitation upshifting.

TPS: Throttle Position Sensor
GBPS: Gear Box Position Sensor

Good luck

Hi im having the same problem cant go in reverse my reverse knob can move back and forth without pulling in the clutch do u think it's the tps or gbps with my spyder? Thanks

#6 billbsr

billbsr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 RT S

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have a 2011 rt s, manual shift.  It has been in storage for 5 months and when I went to get it out It wouldn't shift out of first, forward or reverse.  But, if I pulled the clutch lever I could move the bike.  I shut the bike off and shifted the gears manually and it shifted easily into all the forward gears but not reverse.  Then when I started it the clutch would not disengage.  There is no, or very little, tension on the clutch lever.  Any ideas???

Thanks

Bill B

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2)