25 replies to this topic

#1 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Your Ride:2008 CAN AM SPYDER ROADSTER

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

JUST INSTALLED A CUSTOM STEREO SYSTEM IN MY SPYDER. IT HAS 8 4" MARINE GRADE KICKER SPEAKERS, A SECOND BATTERY, PIONEER D/MP3/USB/IPOD PLAYER, AND A 600 WATT ALPINE 4 CHANNEL AMP. AND I ADDED 8 HIGH POWER 60WATT LED LIGHTS AROUND THE BIKE. ALL IS CONTROLLED WITH WATERPROOF DIGITAL CONTROLLERS! I HAVE A LITTLE FINISH WORK TO DO BUT WANTED TO POST PICS RIGHT AWAY! I AM HAVING THE BIKE AND THE CORBIN SIDE BAGS PAINTED RIGHT NOW AND WILL POST PICS AFTER! ALSO I WILL POST PICK OF TRUNK. I HAVE A SHORT VIDEO OF THE LIGHTS BUT THE CAMERA I WAS USING WAS NOT THAT GREAT. WILL POST A LINK TO A VIDEO THAT SHOWS THE STEREO PLAYING SOON!

Attached Images

• l_ed42baee5d3b70cc9f8f374c44b8452b.jpg
  • l_ab27669ad0c9f9fafc099eeb3ce343ee.jpg
  • l_085cac31a207f81f1add7d42246f3520.jpg
  • l_709a64db3803b8705da25e0493192501.jpg

ANTDOG

#2 Twodog185

Twodog185

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Maintaining a positive attitude, and surrounding myself with like minded people.
  • Your Ride:Spyder #1516 (non-PE)

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

What are the two things next to the stereo?

#3 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

What are the two things next to the stereo?

THE UNIT IN THE MIDDLE IS A CONTROLLER FOR THE CD PLAYER IN THE FRONT TRUNK AND THE THINGS ON THE SIDES ARE THE LIGHT CONTROLLERS. BOTH CONTROLLERS MIMIC THE LIGHT DISPLAY WITH LEDS ON THEM. SO IF THE LIGHTS ARE SOLID OR STROBING SO ARE THE CONTROLLERS.
ANTDOG

#4 Twodog185

Twodog185

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Maintaining a positive attitude, and surrounding myself with like minded people.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

THE UNIT IN THE MIDDLE IS A CONTROLLER FOR THE CD PLAYER IN THE FRONT TRUNK AND THE THINGS ON THE SIDES ARE THE LIGHT CONTROLLERS. BOTH CONTROLLERS MIMIC THE LIGHT DISPLAY WITH LEDS ON THEM. SO IF THE LIGHTS ARE SOLID OR STROBING SO ARE THE CONTROLLERS.

Where are the other 4 speakers?

#5 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

Where are the other 4 speakers?

2 SPEAKERS ARE IN THE DASH WHERE THE VENTS ARE NEXT TO THE GAUGES AND THE LAST 2 ARE IN THE REAR UNDER THE PLASTIC ABOVE THE REAR TIRE . THERE ARE HOLES DRILLED TO LET THE SOUND OUT AND A GRILL CLOTH ON THE INSIDE BETWEEN THE PLASTIC AND THE SPEAKER TO KEEP THE WATER OUT. IT IS VERY LOUD AND CLEAR HOWEVER THERE IS HARDLY ANY BASS. BUT I DONT MIND BECAUSE EVEN IF I HAD BASS I COULD NOT HEAR IT WITH A FULL FACE HELMET ON DRIVING ABOVE 15MPH. BUT I CAN HEAR IT NOW AT FULL SPEED WITH NO PROBLEM AND WHEN I AM DRIVING I SEE PEOPLE UP TO A FULL BLOCK TURN AROUND TO SEE WHERE THE SOUND IS COMMING FROM. I DID GET STOPPED BY A COP BUT IT WAS JUST TO ASK WHERE I GOT MY BIKE FROM!!! HE SAID HE HAD NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE AND TOLD ME NICE AND HAVE A GOOD EVENING!! I LOVE THIS THING!!! I HAVE A STEREO SHOP IN FRESNO CA. AND WE DO ALOT OF BOATS AND MOTORCYCLES (HARLEY'S) BUT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A 2008 STREET GLIDE WITH 8 SPEAKERS AND 3 TV'S CUSTOM PAINTED AND ALL CHROME WITH A 21" WHEEL IN THE FRONT AND REAR AS WELL AS AIR RIDE I GET STOPPED MORE ON MY SPYDER BY PEOPLE JUST WANTING TO SAY AWSOME!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 559-473-9444 MY NAME IS ANTHONY!
ANTDOG

#6 Twodog185

Twodog185

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

The 2 speakers in the dash for nice weather riding (half helmet) sounds OK. I guess I would only need 200 watt amp?? While on a long ride, or bad weather riding (full face helmet) I can just send the Sirius signal to the Chatterbox. All I'd need is a volume nob somewhere.

#7 Danimal

Danimal

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • Interests:Micro-Breweries<br />Spyder Ryding<br />Micro-Breweries<br />Spyder Ryding
  • Your Ride:Silver Spyder # 1977

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:57 AM

Looks good ANTDOG...... not my thing as I like ear speakers.... but nice looking setup you have.

BTW..... typing in ALL CAPS is considered YELLING....

#8 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

[size=1]

Looks good ANTDOG...... not my thing as I like ear speakers.... but nice looking setup you have.

BTW..... typing in ALL CAPS is considered YELLING....

[size=1]sorry.
ANTDOG

#9 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

[size=1]
[size=1]sorry.

ANTDOG

#10 B1TTEN #509

B1TTEN #509

Inadvance Member

• SPYDER NATION
  • 1,744 posts
  • Your Ride:The Best Ride Ever

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

Love the Music and what a radical set up. I am sure YouTube DOES NOT do it justice.

By the way :schild27: to the Forum

#11 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

Love the Music and what a radical set up. I am sure YouTube DOES NOT do it justice.

By the way :schild27: to the Forum

Thank you!! Any suggustions on how to film the lights without the camera bluring?
ANTDOG

#12 B1TTEN #509

B1TTEN #509

Inadvance Member

• SPYDER NATION
  • 1,744 posts
  • Your Ride:The Best Ride Ever

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

Thank you!! Any suggustions on how to film the lights without the camera bluring?

Try in the evening when it is starting to get dark or in the garge druing the day if you have windows? :TgC_emoticon142:

#13 Bullet24

Bullet24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Your Ride:2008 Can Am Spyder SM5

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

2 SPEAKERS ARE IN THE DASH WHERE THE VENTS ARE NEXT TO THE GAUGES AND THE LAST 2 ARE IN THE REAR UNDER THE PLASTIC ABOVE THE REAR TIRE . THERE ARE HOLES DRILLED TO LET THE SOUND OUT AND A GRILL CLOTH ON THE INSIDE BETWEEN THE PLASTIC AND THE SPEAKER TO KEEP THE WATER OUT. IT IS VERY LOUD AND CLEAR HOWEVER THERE IS HARDLY ANY BASS. BUT I DONT MIND BECAUSE EVEN IF I HAD BASS I COULD NOT HEAR IT WITH A FULL FACE HELMET ON DRIVING ABOVE 15MPH. BUT I CAN HEAR IT NOW AT FULL SPEED WITH NO PROBLEM AND WHEN I AM DRIVING I SEE PEOPLE UP TO A FULL BLOCK TURN AROUND TO SEE WHERE THE SOUND IS COMMING FROM. I DID GET STOPPED BY A COP BUT IT WAS JUST TO ASK WHERE I GOT MY BIKE FROM!!! HE SAID HE HAD NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE AND TOLD ME NICE AND HAVE A GOOD EVENING!! I LOVE THIS THING!!! I HAVE A STEREO SHOP IN FRESNO CA. AND WE DO ALOT OF BOATS AND MOTORCYCLES (HARLEY'S) BUT EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A 2008 STREET GLIDE WITH 8 SPEAKERS AND 3 TV'S CUSTOM PAINTED AND ALL CHROME WITH A 21" WHEEL IN THE FRONT AND REAR AS WELL AS AIR RIDE I GET STOPPED MORE ON MY SPYDER BY PEOPLE JUST WANTING TO SAY AWSOME!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 559-473-9444 MY NAME IS ANTHONY!

not sure where you are, but i had a setup on my harley bagger that had an amp and 4 6x9s and i got a noise ordinance ticket than ran me 400 bux! and it was the lesser one, he wrote me for 25yrds and he could of got me for 50yrds (meaning how far away i was when he heard me) could u imagine the ticket i would of got if he wrote me for 50yrds? be careful.
"Riding is the best therapy there is, skip the shrink, buy a bike"

IPB Image IPB Image

#14 SpyRider1

SpyRider1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 Spyder RT

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

The strobbing blue lights would get you a nice ticket in Alabama and you would have to unhook them on the spot. But looks and sounds good. :thumbs:

But like DANIMAL, I go for the ear speakers. :TgC_emoticon142:

Ride Safe :riding:

Edited by SpyRider1, 30 July 2008 - 01:57 PM.

SpyRider1

#15 Marc

Marc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyders

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

Radical set-up :thumbs:

Riding a Spyder puts a smile on my face

#16 ANTDOG

ANTDOG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:13 AM

Radical set-up :thumbs:

NEW SEAT!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ANTDOG

#17 PE2817

PE2817

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Your Ride:spyder

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Who made the seat cover?

#18 broomrider

broomrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Riding, Nascar, Cooking, Crafts
  • Your Ride: Silver Can-Am Spyder #2313

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

I love what you have done!
However, the lights would be illegal in Maine :( I was thinking of having them on mine. The guy at the Harley shop told me that I would have to get caught first lol.
The sterio looks great and so does the speakers. Great job.
The seats look awesome :beerchug1:
Just when I thought my riding days were over... along came a Spyder!

#19 SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl

Founder / Vice President - San Francisco Bay Area Chapter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, photography, hanging with friends, and motorcycling.
  • Your Ride:2008 Quantum Blue Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S (Viper Red)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

Did I read this right... you put speakers under the tail of the Spyder above the rear wheel?? I hope you NEVER have a passenger on the back cuz when you go over bumps that tire will damage those speakers for sure.

I'm sorry, but this is just EXCESSIVE. And what do you need three TVs on a motorcycle for? Or better yet, why 8 speakers? Most vehicles (and I mean cars, trucks, and SUVs) normally have four to six at most. I guess I don't get it.

Sorry to say, I do not like this. But :thumbs: for being innovative.

2008 Quantum Blue Can-Am Spyder SM5 PE #1344 - Owner Since 2/8/08
Mods: HMF, blue 6 spoke wheels, HIDs, Tricringz / Tricfenderz, Corbin heated seats, Corbin saddlebags, Corbin hitch, Corbin fairing & Cee Baileys windshield, GIVI E55 Trunk, Piggybacker trailer, 1" BRP riser, 4" ESI risers, mudflap lights (signals), & LED 3rd brake light.

Spyders in the Redwoods (Sonora, CA) August 5 - 8, 2013 - I'll be there... will YOU??

#20 Twodog185

Twodog185

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

I would put 600 watts of sound on my bike, if it were free (or no cost to me).

Are there any stereo manufacturers out there willing to send me their system to promo??? That would be sweet.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2), Google (2)