2014 Audio system on RT limited

1 reply to this topic

#1 kenr57

kenr57

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Your Ride:2014 Spyder RT Liited

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

I have just purchased a 2014 RT Limited and  need help understanding how to have the audio system (radio, mp3 player, GPS) play through my headset.  I have ridden Goldwings for 30+ years and this is my first venture into the Can Am.  The Can Am has the Bluetooth device mounted in the front luggage compartment, but I am not sure that it is even hooked up.  The mp3 player plug is in the rear compartment.  Other than this, I have no audio cables or other wiring. 

Question:  Can anyone help me decide what I need in order to play the audio through my Honda headset.  I understand that there is an adapter the converts the Can Am to use on the Honda headset. 

Thanks,

#2 PhilWil

PhilWil

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Your Ride:Black RT-S SE5 & RT-622 Trailer

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

I'm pretty sure wired headsets require the CB/Communication system and the entertainment harness that plugs into the radio and provides the DIN receptacles that the headsets plug into. I don't know about the Honda headsets. I had J&M headsets that I used on my Gold Wing and was able to buy a new lower cord for the Spyder. It would be cheaper to get Bluetooth headsets and pair everything to the dongle you already have. I would also move it to the rear trunk and get the cable that plugs into the radio from Motorcycle Dave. http://www.motorcycledave.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SpYder PhYL

We have enough youth already. How about a fountain of smart!

Ottawa Synthetic Lube

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users