6 replies to this topic

#1 SANDY

SANDY

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:CARS BIKES RV'S
  • Your Ride:2012 RTS

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hi Friends , looking to do my own oil changes, SICK OF PAYING 300.00 for an oil change . Unreal BRP , my 2012 RTS is amazing but the labor for this is CRUEL , cuts into my traveling funds , I've done some research but would like one video that can tell me from start to finish the whole job.. does not look too hard and im in for the long run with this great fun ride. Been across the country twice and up and down three times.  I would like the FREEDOM of my own knowledge to do this.  Excited to read your thoughts and I hope I've  waved to some of you along the highways , Because IM WAVING :schild27:   

#2 NautiBrit

NautiBrit

NautiBrit

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Riding and Soccer
  • Your Ride:2013 Viper Red RT-S, 1997 Valkyrie

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

The procedure is different for the manual and semi-automatic models and you don't mention which one you have. Check youtube and you'll find several very informative videos that should cover your need.

George

2013 Viper Red Spyder RT-S
1997 Valkyrie Standard Red/White

2015 CSC Cyclone RX-3 Red

#3 SANDY

SANDY

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:CARS BIKES RV'S
  • Your Ride:2012 RTS

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

Hi George, I have checked out you tube and all are half way or not a good exact change. They show pieces and im now putting together. Hate the one where the guy says ( I've done the oil change already so ill show you how to put back together )  Im working it , thank you for responding . Sandy

#4 hennyking

hennyking

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Your Ride:can am 2014 sts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

Hi Friends , looking to do my own oil changes, SICK OF PAYING 300.00 for an oil change . Unreal BRP , my 2012 RTS is amazing but the labor for this is CRUEL , cuts into my traveling funds , I've done some research but would like one video that can tell me from start to finish the whole job.. does not look too hard and im in for the long run with this great fun ride. Been across the country twice and up and down three times.  I would like the FREEDOM of my own knowledge to do this.  Excited to read your thoughts and I hope I've  waved to some of you along the highways , Because IM WAVING :schild27:   

I just got mine 2 weeks ago and tell cheapest I found was 125 for everything in Brooklyn ny

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#5 DSSpyder

DSSpyder

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyder RTS 2014

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

Try YouTube. There are numerous Spyder videos out there. Some, much better than others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Spyder998

Spyder998

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Your Ride:2012 Spyder RT L

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

the hardest part of doing an oil change is getting the panels off and on without breaking anything. Once you are down to the actual bike it is pretty easy.  Tell whether you have an Se5 or SM 5 they are a little different.

#7 Spyder998

Spyder998

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Your Ride:2012 Spyder RT L

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

Try this video.

also google shaun Smoak,he has the best video on removing the plastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users