#1 EddieRT

EddieRT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Drumming, Photography, Computers
  • Your Ride:Can-Am Spyder RT-S Magnesium Grey

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Does anyone have the Arco or other sway bar? Wanted to know if it is worth the money, and does it affect the comfort of the ride?

Still gettiing used to cornering, and skeptical about hitting the interstate due to some tight turns near wear I live.

Thanks

EddieRT

#2 Trickie Dick

Trickie Dick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Your Ride:SE5 Red

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I don't know anything about the Arco sway bar but here's a link to another forum where Baja Ron has one for the RT and also one for the RS.  If you can get through all the posts, you'll find it is highly recommended.  http://www.spyderlov...-Bar-for-the-RT

#3 Desert Spyder

Desert Spyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 Spyder RT- A (silver)

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I personally don't own one and have been ryding for 5 years. Sometimes slowing down in the corners works just as well, and leaning your body into the turn. Its called "Butt Steering". Do you have a antisway bar not from BRP, Dick?

And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

#4 Trickie Dick

Trickie Dick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I do have the old evolozoine bar on my GS.  I noted a marked improvement in cornering just in normal driving.  Since then I added the RT shocks and it corners even better but I think the biggest jump was when I put the sway bar on.  I always thought the suspension was too soft on the spyder, even though I had my shocks set to 5.  Of course, I am a pretty big guy, as you know 

See you at Spyderfest. 

#5 JJW

JJW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Your Ride:'12 RT-S

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

The BaJa Ron Anti Sway bar is a bigger diameter than the ARCO rather than just adding holes for adjustment. I have the RT version and it made a huge difference in cornering. The biggest improvement that I found is that I was able to take some of the pre-load off the front shocks for a better ride without losing the flat cornering. I think it was a better choice than changing to stiffer shocks at 3 to 4 times the price. 

Jeff

BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin GPS, Soft side saddle bags, HMT brake light, Mud flap lights, ...

Member of Woodstock Spyder Riders

#6 EddieRT

EddieRT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for all the input, really helped out!!

#7 EddieRT

EddieRT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

The BaJa Ron Anti Sway bar is a bigger diameter than the ARCO rather than just adding holes for adjustment. I have the RT version and it made a huge difference in cornering. The biggest improvement that I found is that I was able to take some of the pre-load off the front shocks for a better ride without losing the flat cornering. I think it was a better choice than changing to stiffer shocks at 3 to 4 times the price. 

I do have the old evolozoine bar on my GS.  I noted a marked improvement in cornering just in normal driving.  Since then I added the RT shocks and it corners even better but I think the biggest jump was when I put the sway bar on.  I always thought the suspension was too soft on the spyder, even though I had my shocks set to 5.  Of course, I am a pretty big guy, as you know 

See you at Spyderfest. 

Did either of you notice if the ride was effected as far as comfort after putting on the sway bar, if it were just me I wouldn't care, but my wife rides with me a lot, and we want to go on some long trips...

#8 Trickie Dick

Trickie Dick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

No difference in the comfort.  In straight line riding, it doesn't come into play.  Just keeps the spyder from diving in the cornering process.  In that sense, I guess it increases the comfort in a turning situation.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users