#1 Jim R

Jim R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 SPYDER RS SM-5

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

Greetings From SW Florida,

I will soon be purchasing a 2010 Spyder RS and would appreciate your opinions on providing the most comfort for my Girlfriend. I have long been a Corbin fan and I'm considering their seat with a Large Oval Backrest or a Can-Am backrest.

Obviously for comfort, the RT would have been the way to go. However $23,000 to $28,000 was a little out of my price range. I have $3,000 to spend on accessories and comfort for my passenger is the first objective.

Any input from owners out there will be helpful. I'm looking to find most comfort and bang for the buck.

Thanks.

Jim

#2 Deano

Deano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Your Ride:2009 rs

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:57 AM

Jim do note that you have to purchase the sport rack accessory to use the can-am backrest also the money spent the stock seat has need for desire for comfort on road trips. I seariously considered the corbin seat I also have limited funds. I modified my own seat and made my own back support that can be used for both driver single rider and changed to pass with minimal effort. I still had to purchase the sport rack regardless. If I were in your shoes I think the corbin might be the way to go. I am lucky I have upolstery as well as mechanical skills and a very well equiped shop. You might check end to the freeway pegs as well helps alot. good luck I have posted pics of pegs and back support on a post titled commfortable.

#3 Jim R

Jim R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hi Again, I've decided to go with the Corbin spider web seat with the fuel trap door. A large oval backrest will be added for my lady. I was hoping to get a little more input from other forum members.

I'd like to hear from others who have done upgrades to their Spyder's. Bags, windshields, handlebar risers etc. etc.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

#4 Saluda

Saluda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Snowmobiling, kayaking, motorcycles and pedal biking.
  • Your Ride:Spyder is running up the miles, the Vulcan isn't missed at all.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

We went with the Can Am and are very happy, although a pricey set up. The fuel door does seem like a neat option. Accessories, they go on and on. Check out some posted pictures for the more obvious. Everyone has their own needs and preferances. Good luck.
Took two windshields before we were happy and we did go with the Givi bags and are very happy with them (once again, not cheap)
Also went with a riser right from the beginning.
Never stop questioning. (Happy Spyder owner)

#5 Jim R

Jim R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Thanks Saluda for your input!

I ended up ordering the Can-Am Back rest and Sport Rack. Along with the Corbin Seat, 4 inch Billet Risers and a MadStad 22 inch adjustable windshield.
That should do me for a while. Lot's of great accessories available for this machine!

The FUN is just beginning.

Jim

#6 bikerdoc65

bikerdoc65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling and Shooting
  • Your Ride:2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

We went with the Can Am and are very happy, although a pricey set up. The fuel door does seem like a neat option. Accessories, they go on and on. Check out some posted pictures for the more obvious. Everyone has their own needs and preferances. Good luck.
Took two windshields before we were happy and we did go with the Givi bags and are very happy with them (once again, not cheap)
Also went with a riser right from the beginning.

InpectorGadget is now offering the fuel door mod for the stock seat on the RT for very modest cost. Maybe he or someone else will offer it soon for the RS
Hal aka Bikerdoc65

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users