7 replies to this topic

#1 Motogordo1

Motogordo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Your Ride:2011 CanAm Spyder RTS/SE5 plus 2009 Burgman 650

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

I am on both sites. I am trying to figure out why there are 1,000's more on SpyderLovers.com ? Is there a reason why there aren't as many on this site ? Just curious.

Gordon

#2 Marc

Marc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyders

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Different flavors is all. We have 7230 members on SpyderTalk, I didn't know SpyderLovers had thousands more. Lamont's a good guy and does a lot of the Spyder community, people like to follow him.

Riding a Spyder puts a smile on my face

#3 Motogordo1

Motogordo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Different flavors is all. We have 7230 members on SpyderTalk, I didn't know SpyderLovers had thousands more. Lamont's a good guy and does a lot of the Spyder community, people like to follow him.

Marc,
You sure have got that right about Lamonster. Did that site originate before or after Spydertalk ? I like to use this site also to see other peoples opinions. I enjoy this site very much also. I had a 2009 Burgman 650 that I sold a couple of days ago because I decided to have just the one toy instead of two. The Burgman was fantastic, but I started using the Spyder more, since it was more comfortable in the seating, plus all the goodies. LOL. The only question I had was what are the opinions of the folks here about using the BRP factory tire pressures that they recommend ? 15/28 . I tried them a few days ago and they seem to be comfortable riding. I take my time so I don't need special pressures for speed handling. Originally I used 20/28, which the service department recommended on my 600 mile service. I just want a comfortable and stable ride with good even wear on the tires. Any opinions ?'
Gordon

#4 Motogordo1

Motogordo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

Marc,
I have to apologize for saying 1,000's more. I think I based that on looking at how many pages there were for posts. I just realized that there was 13 pages of quotes here, not 3 or 4 . My fault for not reading between the lines. LOL. Actually I have no idea of how many members they have. I will have to look that up today. Keep up the good work Marc.

Gordon

#5 Marc

Marc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

Marc,
You sure have got that right about Lamonster. Did that site originate before or after Spydertalk ? I like to use this site also to see other peoples opinions. I enjoy this site very much also.
Gordon

SpyderTalk was the first Spyder website. We started off as an offshoot of Can-AmTalk, but the Spyder discussion was taking over the site so we split SpyderTalk off. Lamont was one of our original members actually and he used to post here a lot.

Glad you enjoy SpyderTalk, we have over 100,000 threads of Spyder content to read through...if you have a few weeks :)

#6 Marc

Marc

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

Marc,
The only question I had was what are the opinions of the folks here about using the BRP factory tire pressures that they recommend ? 15/28 . I tried them a few days ago and they seem to be comfortable riding. I take my time so I don't need special pressures for speed handling. Originally I used 20/28, which the service department recommended on my 600 mile service. I just want a comfortable and stable ride with good even wear on the tires. Any opinions ?'
Gordon

I run my tires a little higher than recommended pressure because I think it handles better. The 20/28 recommendation you got is about where I run. It's a compromise on ride comfort, but I haven't noticed premature wear and the handling is improved IMO.

#7 Motogordo1

Motogordo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

Marc,
I just heard back from Lamonster. He gave me the following numbers.
Threads: 22,978
Members: 6,771
Now I can see that both sites have a similar amount of members. You're doing a good job. I just went by the number of pages for quotes, not the actual number of members. Now I can see that chocolate and vanilla are very similar. LOL.

#8 burg650

burg650

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Your Ride:2009 SE5 Yellow

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

I had a 2009 Burgman 650 that I sold a couple of days ago because I decided to have just the one toy instead of two. The Burgman was fantastic, but I started using the Spyder more, since it was more comfortable in the seating, plus all the goodies. LOL. Gordon

Sorry to disagree my Burgman is much more comfortable that my spyder, I enjoy my spyder but will not give my Burgman 650.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users