- - - - -

Wanted: RT-S factory antenna

5 replies to this topic

#1 RadTechRyder

RadTechRyder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Your Ride:2010 CanAm Spyder RT-SM Blk and loaded / 2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide 103 CU IN Trike

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:28 AM

I see that many riders are going to the Shortee antennas - I would like to purchase a stock antenna for my RT-S if someone out there still has theirs and wouldn't mind sending it to me at a reasonable price. Thanks, RadTechRyder

#2 BillG

BillG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Riding, sailing and did I mention riding. (33,000 miles on 2010 RT-S in 9 months.)
  • Your Ride:2011 Spyder RT Limited now with over 62,000 miles!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

I see that many riders are going to the Shortee antennas - I would like to purchase a stock antenna for my RT-S if someone out there still has theirs and wouldn't mind sending it to me at a reasonable price. Thanks, RadTechRyder

I tried the shortie antenna but the radio's reception suffered too much so I went back to the original. By the way, my original antenna fell off somewhere along the way on this trip but the dealer in Enumclaw, WA was kind enough to replace it under warranty. There is supposeed to be a lock washer at the antenna but it is often overlooked by the dealer because the lockwasher is not packaged with the antenna!

You might try to get your dealer to replace yours under warranty.

Edited by BillG, 21 August 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#3 TicketBait

TicketBait

TicketBait

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:Spyders,Dogs,Texas Holdem,XBox360,Fast Cars,Food,Photograpy,Driving,RidingSpyders,RacquetBall
  • Your Ride:RTS SE5 PE

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

When I lost my antenna it was replaced under warranty, i think I remember
the cost would have been $54.99, anyhow I got two shortee antenna, and my
radio reception has been just fine, but then I read a post where the person
said that they contacted the Co. that makes the CB for the spyder ( which I
have and theysaid not to use a shortee, but the antenna that comes with it,
so next weekwhen I take my bike in I am gonna have them swap out and put
the lock washers on the OME.

There should be somebody out there that has one for you RadTechRyder .

#4 billybob

billybob

Advanced Member

• SPYDER NATION
  • 1,099 posts
  • Location:Mantoloking NJ,Southhampton LI. New York, - Sanibel island,Florida
  • Interests:traveling
  • Your Ride:outlander max/xt/800/ spyder/gs # 2508full moon .2010/ spyder rt-s #0002 timless black / rt 622 trailer. 2010 harley fat boy lo denim black

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

<BR>I tried the shortie antenna but the radio's reception suffered too much so I went back to the original. By the way, my original antenna fell off somewhere along the way on this trip but the dealer in Enumclaw, WA was kind enough to replace it under warranty. There is supposeed to be a lock washer at the antenna but it is often overlooked by the dealer because the lockwasher is not packaged with the antenna!<BR><BR>You might try to get your dealer to replace yours under warranty.<BR>

my cb antenna broke in wind going to ca . i went with the harley davidson shorty's must make a stud . but they work better than oem . they look the same but they are different for cb and am fm look better to. remeber you must have swr checked for cb , transmitting. if 2 hi you my blow out your finalls . cb talk. look it up what this means , they should be chkd after replacinng antennas anyway . been a trucker with hi power cb's to long , glad i am retired 0526101835.jpg
I TRULY AM A LUCKY MAN

"OH! LET THE SUN BEAT DOWN UPON MY FACE , STARS FILL MY DREAMS , I AM THE TRAVELER OF ALL TIME AND SPACE TO BE WHERE I HAVE BEEN". Robert Plant - Kashmir

I'm in a New York state of mind ,mmmm , AGAIN AFTER 30 FRIGGIN YRS OF BEING GONE !!!! OMG *%@

#5 billybob

billybob

Advanced Member

• SPYDER NATION
  • 1,099 posts
  • Location:Mantoloking NJ,Southhampton LI. New York, - Sanibel island,Florida
  • Interests:traveling
  • Your Ride:outlander max/xt/800/ spyder/gs # 2508full moon .2010/ spyder rt-s #0002 timless black / rt 622 trailer. 2010 harley fat boy lo denim black

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

this my help you with the antenna differences ......www.firestik.com/Meas-SWR.htm
I TRULY AM A LUCKY MAN

"OH! LET THE SUN BEAT DOWN UPON MY FACE , STARS FILL MY DREAMS , I AM THE TRAVELER OF ALL TIME AND SPACE TO BE WHERE I HAVE BEEN". Robert Plant - Kashmir

I'm in a New York state of mind ,mmmm , AGAIN AFTER 30 FRIGGIN YRS OF BEING GONE !!!! OMG *%@

#6 filmclips

filmclips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Your Ride:Spyder RT

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

We are new to the Spyder and would like to install a CB. We don’t have the height in our enclosed trailer to install the regular CB antenna or radio antenna. We bought a Street Magic Shortee Antenna for the radio and it’s working but from reading forums this antenna does not perform well for CB.

Reading your post I see that you’ve used the Harley Shortee you also mentioned that you used a Stud. (Can you give me more information on this stud?) i.e. do I have to get it made up by a machine shop or where can I purchase this?

We don’t want to go through the expense of purchasing the CB system before we find out about the Antenna, as you know it’s quit expensive. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ,
Dennis

Could you please reply to our personal e-mail.
Filmclips@gmail.com

Edited by filmclips, 03 October 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users