#1 graydond

graydond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Your Ride:2004 HD road king custom, 2009 can am spyder

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:07 PM

i haven't been watching here much lately but i was wondering, and hoping, if anyone offers a repalcement brake pad that eliminates the
annoying squeal?

#2 tjfischer

tjfischer

Lets RYde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Your Ride:Silver Spyder #1076

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

i haven't been watching here much lately but i was wondering, and hoping, if anyone offers a repalcement brake pad that eliminates the
annoying squeal?

No, its all in the replacement process.

Grease the floating pins in the rear, disk brake quiet on the back of all the pads. I have replaced my brakes three times so far, and thats what works for me.
"Speak ill of no man, but speak all the good you know of everybody." Benjamin Franklin

#3 graydond

graydond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Your Ride:2004 HD road king custom, 2009 can am spyder

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

No, its all in the replacement process.

Grease the floating pins in the rear, disk brake quiet on the back of all the pads. I have replaced my brakes three times so far, and thats what works for me.

i just wanted to say that about a week after i posted the question about replacement brakes i recieved a phone message. it was from CARLO at BRP!
he wanted to talk to me about the brake squealing issue. i'll return his call tomorrow and post what he said.
it's good to know they are reading this forum too and it sure seems like they care!!!

#4 LoneSpyderRyder

LoneSpyderRyder

leoejr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, Grandkids, Grandkids and loving the Spyder life
  • Your Ride:2008 Yellow PE#2683

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

post deleted by leoejr

Attached Images

• HotWheelds Spyder small.JPG

Edited by leoejr, 02 January 2010 - 03:16 PM.

"When you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change"
Dr. Wayne Dyer

'No Country for Gurmpy Old Men'

#5 TharkunRT

TharkunRT

SpyderRyders

• SPYDER NATION
  • 3,463 posts
  • Interests:Spyder Rydes and tours.
  • Your Ride:2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 & RT 622 Orbital Blue

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Good luck I had mine replaced 1 time at American Power Sports and 1 time at Elk Grove Power Sports. I still have squealing brakes. Had work done that was supposed to take care of the missing, runing rough, or how ever you want to discribe it. Put two brothers single on it at around 50 or so miles. Backfired a lot. Fourms said disconnect Battery and leave it disconnected for more that 20 min. Connect battery back up start without touching throttle let run for 15 min. miniumn, shut it off wait 15 min, start and ride like you stole it....I did that and it run great till around 7000 miles. started acting missing or choking at even rpm's any gear. wanted to die when starting up from take off at stop sign. Off and on problem but would act up at different time but the longer the ride the more it ran like )&*$. Was told to take it to Elk Grove and they would fix it and check it out. I was advised before I left that the two brothers exhaust was most likley the problem. I took the stock exhuast back to the shop and they put it back on.
When I picked it up I was told it was fixed. After getting about 15 miles on a 25 mile return home trip is started doing the same thing. Since putting the stock exhaust back on and I assume they ran all the things that would need to be done to see that it was mapped to the stock exhaust I decided to buy a new two brothers exhaust and a juice box. so far that has been a waste of money.... called two brothers and ask how to adjust the the thing and was told that it shouldn't need adjusting....still runs like crap, went from 33 MPG avrage to 22 MPG. Been gone the last 2 weeks and haven't had time to mess with it any more. Next step is to change the 02 sensor but Carlo told me that the 02 sensor had nothing to do with it. others that know a lot more than I do (which is about all of you) say that will fix it. Getting real tired of buying things that don't work. It is my opinion that two brothers should make it clear that when you buy there exhuast that to make it work that you will have to buy their juice box and a 02 sensor. The reason I say that is that after reading the fourms it is clear that if you change your exhaust the Spyder will not run correctly.

well sorry about the long post. just getting things off my mind. I have bought a few cars and never had the problems when the time come to change the exhaust like the I have had with the spyder and yes the car was fuel injected. Never had brake pads that squealed from the start. Never had steering problems and I have had all updates and I still get a jerk on the steering now and again.....having said all that I bought a new spyder last week. Don't think I will have any problems with it.

What Spyder did you buy ?

#6 LoneSpyderRyder

LoneSpyderRyder

leoejr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, Grandkids, Grandkids and loving the Spyder life
  • Your Ride:2008 Yellow PE#2683

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:34 PM

What Spyder did you buy ?

the picture shows my new spyder...it's the new hotwheels spyder... just trying to be funny...guess it didn't work... it is cute... got to of them... going to keep one unopened... but you are having fun with your new RT sure happy for you... I enjoyed the demo ride...
"When you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change"
Dr. Wayne Dyer

'No Country for Gurmpy Old Men'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users