Too many sleds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Your Ride:Nothing in the summer.

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Picture.jpg

I suppose it was inevitable....

I was reading a statewide edition of a publication where businesses and private parties sell a bit of everything, but mostly vehicles of various types. I was drawn to an ad for a cheap Spyder looking thing. I am sure the thing is Chinese, Indian, or possably Korean. Who knows where it is made, but you can bet it will not be anyplace in North America! It'll be typical of the junk scooters, quads, and such that are sold all over the place. Also, I'd bet it is something like 1/2 to 3/4 sized and may not be street legal. Most of these outfits who just dump stuff on the open market from container ships don't have the organization or commitment to actually meet government safty or emissions standards. Obviously, though, they are trying to appeal to the potential Spyder buyers. Who knows, it could even be a real threat in the market place? :pondder: NAAAA! :lol:

-Les in MI.

#2 Tarantula

Tarantula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Your Ride:Silver Spyder #186, Yamaha GTS 1000, Yamaha FJR 1300, Kawasaki Drifter 1500

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:12 AM

Picture.jpg

I suppose it was inevitable....

I was reading a statewide edition of a publication where businesses and private parties sell a bit of everything, but mostly vehicles of various types. I was drawn to an ad for a cheap Spyder looking thing. I am sure the thing is Chinese, Indian, or possably Korean. Who knows where it is made, but you can bet it will not be anyplace in North America! It'll be typical of the junk scooters, quads, and such that are sold all over the place. Also, I'd bet it is something like 1/2 to 3/4 sized and may not be street legal. Most of these outfits who just dump stuff on the open market from container ships don't have the organization or commitment to actually meet government safty or emissions standards. Obviously, though, they are trying to appeal to the potential Spyder buyers. Who knows, it could even be a real threat in the market place? :pondder: NAAAA! :lol:

-Les in MI.

IS THIS THE SAME THING? ONLY 250 CC ENGINE. JUNK!

Attached Images

• 250cc_ATV_Scooter_Motorcycle_Reverse_Trike.jpg

TARANTULA

#3 fifty7

fifty7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Your Ride:Silver Spyder

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

IS THIS THE SAME THING? ONLY 250 CC ENGINE. JUNK!

I saw these on Ebay as well

#4 wolfshead1

wolfshead1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Your Ride:HD Ultra

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Polaris and Yamaha are working on similar units.

#5 BeRight

BeRight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Motorcycles, Wii Bowling
  • Your Ride:2008 Silver Spyder SM5, Yamaha FZ1

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

Might you reference a website/internet location on Yamaha concept/working on similar units. Thanks.
Ride More Worry Less

#6 Too many sleds

Too many sleds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Your Ride:Nothing in the summer.

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

I was not aware that the junk was already on the market in other parts of the country. I wasn't curious enough to browse the 'net for more info when I saw the ad. It looks like I was right. 250cc, huh?!

As far as companies like Polaris or Yamaha wanting to compete for maket share with the Can-Am Spyder, that is a different story. They could really bring a challenge to the table. If what they decide to offer differs too much in layout from the Spyder, they will not be stealing me. I REALLY like the form and lookof the Spyder.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Even if the competition don't want to admit it, the Spyder found a whole new market segment no other vehicles covered.

-Les

#7 Tarantula

Tarantula

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Your Ride:Silver Spyder #186, Yamaha GTS 1000, Yamaha FJR 1300, Kawasaki Drifter 1500

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:35 AM

I serioiusly doubt Yamaha is working on a crappy knock off like the one shown above. Expect FJR 1300 engine with shaft drive, fuel injection, adjustable suspension and at least 145 HP.

Attached Images

• derapage_1.jpg

Edited by Tarantula, 24 September 2009 - 12:16 AM.

TARANTULA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users